Monday, August 23, 2010

I have such PROBLEMS.

I want Kayley's clothes. Not in a creepy way; I just love her outfits.

I've been planning on putting more effort into my outfits for years. Especially at the start of each school year, I resolve to completely change my style. "I'm going to wear, like, layers with jackets," I tell myself. "I'm going to wear dresses with tights in the winter!! I'm going to wear pleather boots!!!"

And then May rolls around and I show up to school every day with wet hair, cloth shorts, and an old unfitted shirt that proudly bears a dancing, field hockey stick-wielding marshmallow.

(I don't wear the same clothes every day, obviously. That was just an example. If nothing else, I do make it a point to practice basic hygiene.)

Seriously, what has my life become? The only dresses I own are the kind that require absolutely no effort. At some point, it becomes a fashion statement to wear a bright purple cardigan over an equally ostentatious turquoise dress. I'd love to wear CLASSY things on a regular basis, but the fact of the matter is that I value comfort during those seven hours of hard chairs and florescent lights far more than I value semi-impressing the kid who thinks that brushing his hair deserves him a spot in Vogue.

The other problem is the matter of pricing. SORRY guys-- I don't have fifty dollars to spend on a t-shirt. Additionally, so many of the best stores are in the UK, which translates to a phenomenally expensive item of clothing once you convert from pounds to dollars and throw in the enormous shipping fee.

Sigh. I have such problems. (Yes, you do, whispers the voice in my head.)

1 comment:

Astrid said...

You just read my mind with this haha. I bought some new clothes and I'm all like "DIS GURL IZ GUNNA DRESS LYK SHE ON DA COVER OV TEEN VOGUE, SHYT".
Naw, but I want to up my style a bit this year. :)