Friday, July 1, 2011

Harry Potter; also, tears

Thus far my summer has been a bit of a failure as far as excitement/productivity goes. On the bright side, a surplus of down time has allowed me to fling myself headfirst into the throes of Harry Potter.

As suggested by that choice noun in the previous sentence, this is potentially not actually a good thing. I've done a lot of wallowing about, bemoaning that I was too young to really join the Harry Potter fandom during its height and now that I'm older and actually follow my own interests (hello, vortex of superficiality and/or conformity that was middle school) and am allowed to do stuff by myself it's all dying down and it's too late for everything and my life sucks. I've also been listening to a lot of wizard rock, which makes me more depressed, due to its acute ability to prick just about every emotional bubble in my soul. Ministry of Magic is especially good for that. In brief, immersing myself in Harry Potter over the last week or so has made me never want to be alone ever again -- which is an unfortunate thing to feel during the summer when everyone you like has wildly different schedules.

...This was going to be a lot longer and have a point to it, but I'm currently curled up in the corner, listening to my favorite wrock songs and feeling like crying. Which, really, is a point in itself. S'laters.

Oh, and happy Canada Day, to our valued Canadian member!

No comments: