Friday, December 24, 2010

Disorganized Christmas Blog!

Alright, so I'm starting this on Christmas Eve.** That doesn't necessarily mean this will be properly bloggily organized by tomorrow, or that I won't be collapsed from exhaustion by the time I have 10 minutes in which to hit the magical orange button which releases these fragments into cyberspace. So I'm planning ahead, or something like it.

Mess of craziness as it may be, Christmas is awesome, especially because someone in my household still believes in Santa, so I'm allowed to get pretty vicariously excited. I also have SEKRIT KNOWLEDGE (different from knowledge acquired through SNEAKERY, mind you--I was told what it was so the giver could see my reaction to it beforehand, instead of my nerding out over it in front of people who wouldn't care. . .) of one present I will be receiving*, so that's just cool.

Tangent: Much as it may seem to send the message, "I am broke and/or an elementary school student.", I like giving and receiving handmade gifts. Even if (especially if, really) they are of dubious quality (in the style of MJ's crapfts) and/or are novelty items. They speak of the giver's knowledge of the receiver's sense of humor, which is, of course, the key to true everlasting friendship.

SKYPE: Not today, (it's 10:27 and I must sleep, in order to awake at a reasonable hour, in order to spend 50 minutes in hell*** whilst metal is extricated from my mouth. I would much rather spend the night on the Internet.) Earliest I'd be able to would be Tuesday afternoon/night, failing to coincide with Alex's schedule, then Sunday afternoon (if Skype ever loads on my computer, and if I'm not roped into actual socialization.****)

Original engaging comment question: How was your Christmas/how is your holiday season going so far?


Footnotes:
* It's a piggybank shaped like Gringotts. (No, spellcheck. I do not mean "Gringos".)
** And posting on Boxing Day, note the chronologically backwards footnotes.
*** Known to persons who don't overuse hyperbole as "the orthodontist".
**** Wow, I'm tired. I read that as RAPED and decided I needed to clarify. I've never been raped, and I don't loathe human interaction that much. But you get the point.

This seems like the longest blog I've written in a while. Is it? Have I been devoid of a topic for that long?

1 comment:

Alex said...

Christmas has been good. I watched a lot of movies, ate stuff and tied a game of Trivial Pursuit because, in my family, we are way too lazy for tie breakers.

My sisters got in a minor fight that ended in tears and then later, Clash of the Titans. I slept on an air mattress.

I don't know. Honestly, it was kind of... anticlimactic. Do people seriously wait all here for this? I love my family and everything but I see them all the time. And my not-immediate family lives faraway in Ontario/don't really care to visit. But I got some stuff that I wanted, like Charlie McDonnell's album and On the Jellicoe Road and a cashemere sweater. And my sister's old boots. Meh, twas good.

p.s. Rum, Coke and eggnog are three things to which I am not partial at all, together or separate.