Thursday, September 1, 2011

my Hogwarts house issues

I was going to blog about saggy pants in Florida today which is something I heard about on the radio yesterday and am incensed by. But I have something, that, while perhaps not more pressing than the constriction of rights and freedoms, is perhaps more pertinent to this blog today.

I have a confession and it is that I am prejudiced against Hufflepuffs. I'm trying to work through my issues quietly before I am faced with the Pottermore sorting and the possibility of becoming a Hufflepuff. But it is hard. I can't help thinking that I'd rather be a Slytherin because I'd rather be seen as evil than stupid. I need to get over this. It's only a seven question quiz sorting me into a fictional school house. Why does it matter?

Yet the fact that I have such a big deal with being associated with Hufflepuffs (no matter how many great Hufflepuffs there are, including the majority of my friends) hopefully will keep me away from Hufflepuffs. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I feel like Hufflepuffs are a lot more mellow about their image rather than freaking out about this kind of thing.

Alright. Blog has been written about problems involving fiction. I think I can move on now. Equal opportunity house love! Let the go-with-the-flow part of my attitude take over.

*whispers* Not Hufflepuff. Not Hufflepuff.


Actually, now that I've written this, or maybe just from thinking about it all day, I feel like I'm ceasing to care. At this very second, all the energy that I've been spending over not wanting to be a Hufflepuff is seeping out of me. It's weird. Maybe I'm tired.

Now that I'm over this, can my Pottermore email please come? Please?

No comments: