Monday, June 13, 2011

Even more parts!

Part One
Tomorrow is my birthday. I have never been a huge birthday enthusiast. Especially around my family, I have a longstanding trend of shying away from all the attention. I guess I just never feel like I do anything to deserve the presents and stuff. It's not like I hate myself, I just think that the way my family treats me is a gift in itself. That sounds super cheesy, but it's true. I've fought with my family before but not for extended periods of time and even though I definitely don't tell them everything we've always been close, although not in a hang-out-all-the-time, best-friendy sort of way, just in an easy-going do-your-own-thing sort of fashion. I don't know how to explain it. My birthday just feels awkward. To me, my birthday is like any other day except there's this pressure for me to be overly happy and have the most fun I've had all year. And it rarely is the most fun I've had all year because fun things happen spontaneously and randomly and there's rarely a date when I expect something to be a certain level of awesome and then it turns out to perfectly match that level of awesome, for better or for worse.
I sound inappropriately grumpy. This doesn't even apply to my friends. Generally, a perfect birthday for me would be for people to tell me happy birthday and then for a group of us to go do fun things that involve me (obviously) but don't revolve around me (hence my aversion to birthday parties for myself -- also I'm too lazy to plan them). That, coincidentally, is what I'm planning on doing tomorrow (I'm going to the National Zoo after taking a math exam that I don't much care about), so I think it should be a good time.

Part Two
There isn't really a need for more parts, but who am I to break the trend? Let's talk about more fun things. I just beat Angry Birds on Google Chrome. Lordy but is that game addicting.
No. That's not interesting. What is interesting, however, is the coming release of Deathly Hallows part 2. Anyone else planning on a reread of the series before the film premieres? TV has been eating away at my heartstrings recently, and while I certainly do enjoy a bit of weeping over fictional characters in any form, I need to rekindle the old literary flame. And I may as well start with what is (in my opinion) the best book series of all time.

~Angry Birds break~

Part Three
What to say, what to say. Anyone else feeling the need for a light internet cleanse this summer? I'm planning on getting out of the house and doing things. The need for actual material to blog about is not a minor factor in this decision. Internet, I banish thee! Temporarily. At some point in the near future.

Peace. Got to go "study" for math. Oh, school...

No comments: