Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good Things and Bad Things

(My titling is so sophisticated.)

Today's blog comes to you in two PARTS!

Part the first: Things that are stressing me out in life-or-death-proportions.
Tomorrow, I am going to drive. This is a perfectly logical statement, truthful and grammatically correct, so simple I can say it in another language (Voy a manejar maƱana.), BUT at the same time it makes no sense in context, as I very well could have driven 8 days ago. Only three people in the world* know about this, and only one of them important to this story. I am seriously considering just not learning how to drive. I could move to Chicago for my secondary education and rely wholly on public transportation, claiming environmentalism and population density. (Both reasonable explanations, as sheer cowardice is not.)

Part the second: Things that are awesome.
I've spent 34 of the last 48 hours in pajamas, I get to go to school dressed as having a parasitic Siamese twin tomorrow, I got an A on a geometry test based on human error and my honesty, it's raining, I got to wear a cape, and tomorrow I am going to drive.

Ahhh, complex situation is complex.


*Someone at the DMV, my instructor, and I. Guess who's the important one. ;)

2 comments:

Vita said...

I have the SAME CONUNDRUM, sort of. Just think: you = driving = road trips = An Abundance of Katherines = John Green, ergo, you = John Green

Renata said...

Oh, hellz yes. ;)

(Also, this blog post was made full of LIE, as the availability of a mid-sized car has prevented my driving until Sunday. Predetermined blog for Tuesday? Probably.)