Sunday, September 5, 2010

Actual Lateness of the Night

You may or may not know that I started work at my brand new first job on Thursday. I'm a grocery clerk which basically means I stock shelves, direct customers, pack groceries, bring all the products to the front of the shelves and mop the floor after closing.

For the past three nights I've worked 4-10:30pm, which is fine. I like the organizing of the shelves; I like helping people find dill seed powder*; I'm okay with mopping.

The problem is that I get home at quarter to eleven and fall into bed. No, I guess getting to bed on time isn't problematic but it is if you're a night writer, such as myself. I have no time. The entirety of the last three days have either been at work, or spent counting down until work. I feel like I haven't really done anything because I'm so conscious of how long I have before I have to get ready to leave and walk to the bus stop and take the bus and go to work.

But, then again, money. It's going to be so nice to have money. Gotta go. 11:30. Sleep. Wake. Restart. I'm actually not working again until Friday so that's nice. Hopefully I'll get used to the job and it'll become a normal part of my routine. Soon. And hopefully I'll soon know where everything is, including shoe polish.

*First of all, I was incredibly pleased that I knew where it was.

2 comments:

Vita said...

Ungggggh. You are so motivated. :P

You'll probably get into a routine soon, yeah. And if not, HEY, makes your day more exciting!

P.S. sorry I haven't blogged in five hundred years, give or taken a few hundred years. School is... blech. I may need your's & Rena's advice on an English thing I wrote, if you don't mind.

Alex said...

No problem about lack of blog. Keeps things fresh.

I'm sad to hear about your school. I'm sure we don't mind giving English advice. In fact, we (that is me. Can't speak for Rena) would love to give it.