Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We live in a country where children are free to read about underpants

We've come to Tuesday again, y'alls.

(I COMPLETELY agree with Hank; we need some kind of generally accepted plural form of "you" in the English language. Suggestions? I don't mean anything regional, this requires some kind of word invention, and spreading. Like the Internet version of Frindle! Anyone remember Frindle?)

Oh, tangents, you're fun.

The past week has come and gone, leaving behind only a vague sense of PSTD. Puff-levels are high. In honor (recognition? defiance?) of Banned Books week, (after reading the continuing saga of the pink jackets via MJ) I took the most logical course of action and turned to Wikipedia.

Not that I agree with it, but some books on the list provided are more logically bannable than others, for sex/violence/what-have-you. Others are for CHILDREN. (How to Eat Fried Worms, on the basis that it's disgusting. So are 10 year old boys. Captain Underpants, on the basis that it promotes nudity and disobedience to authority. What? Silly pink jackets.)

Go for it, kids. Learn to piss people off early, it's a fun/useful skill. Other than that, I lack conclusion. Goodnight, and I hope your puff-levels are low.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I read Frindle!

That is all.

Vita said...

Samesies! Andrew Clements was/is DA BOMB

I totally agree with all of this. Chill the eff out, book banners, you're not going to stop us from reading what we want to read.