Thursday, February 17, 2011

slightly obnoxiously endearing excuses/references

Watch out, Alex is taking over the blog!!! She can't be tamed.

--we will return after these short messages--
Talking about yourself in the third person again? Are your friends starting to think of you of the annoyance that should not, under any circumstance, be invited to social gatherings? Dr. Backterfirst can help you! No, this is not Dr. Backterfirst speaking. This is someone else. Call 1-800-I Can't Think Of Anything Witty.
--and we're back--

*long exhale* I can't explain myself. This is fitting actually, because hayleyghover* posted a video response on YouTube today about excusing your behavior with pop culture references until it isn't funny anymore and then continuing to do it until it is. Funny again, I mean.

I was having so much fun reading the comments of that video that I thought I would bring them over here. Also, I am devoid of original ideas. Also, I thought it would be useful to have a database of excuses that are not only hilarious but also valid. Use at your own risk.

My own idea is from The Breakfast Club. Whenever someone has a general complaint about the state of the world, I'll say, "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."
I don't think anyone else gets it but I enjoy the reference.


I also explain my more absurd behavior by saying, "Cause I'm hot like that." I think it covers a diverse range of actions.


A lot of other things I say can be traced directly back to Gilmore Girls. Honestly, I've gotten so many of my expressions from Gilmore Girls that I don't even remember where they came from. Except I know they probably came from Gilmore Girls, especially when I'm watching reruns. Thank you, Amy Sherman Palladino. You rock my world.


Now for the rest, curteousy of YouTube. Usernames should be linked, some have been slightly edited for context. I hope this helps you with your random referencing. Tell me in the comments how many of the actual references (rather than the random responses) you got.


Something inexplicable or out of the blue happen? Say:
 "It must have happened because the plot demanded it." ThongManX

No comments: