Monday, August 1, 2011

BTAWIA

Also known as "Blog Twice a Week in August."

Alex suggested this and I latched onto it. I'm not really up for doing BEDA -- the original Ning seems to be over and I rarely blog independently of this and I can't find the motivation to start -- but I resolve to post every Monday and Friday on this blog in August. I propose we all take a short trip back to 2009, when we always posted on schedule and were perhaps disproportionately ashamed to miss a day.

That said, I have little of consequence to say today.

But hey, sometimes that's okay. Every blog has its update posts, right?

I'll come back to you on Friday with something brilliant to convey. For now, I'll just leave you with a little anecdote about the awesomeness of Nerdfighters: basically, I've been Skype calling other Nerdfighters in my area (this is based on a Facebook group for local Nerdfighters... sometimes Facebook actually does have its uses) until the wee hours of the morning while we wait for the Pottermore clue to be released. I wasn't too excited about getting to Pottermore early, as I posted on Tumblr (and have since deleted. What a hypocrite), but when the second day's clue appeared on the website at about 5 a.m. Sunday morning, my heart started pounding like crazy, I almost couldn't double-check the right answer in the book because I was trying to flip through it so fast, I was whisper-swearing as the other Nerdfighters on the call hurriedly relayed that the site wasn't working on Google Chrome, and felt such a sense of victory when I finally registered for Pottermore. Guys, I don't know why I was so down about it before. Now I can't wait for the site to open. But it's just really fun, laughing my ass off at 3 in the morning while trying not to wake up my family, talking about the most random crap with other Nerdfighters, reading aloud from the books... guys, I love Nerdfighters. Also, we three need to Skype call sometime. It's so much fun.

No comments: