Friday, August 19, 2011

I live a lively life

First things first: ALEX! VISIT ME. Then pick me up so I can road-trip with you. Our final destination (no, not death. See, I know pop culture references!) would pose an inconvenient problem as we only live the span of a continent apart, but I'd just teleport back home. Or something.

Secondly... oh God, I don't know what to blog about. This is the problem with doing absolutely nothing with my life. My options are either to complain (something I do enough of during the school year), write about something meaningful that I can contemplate without leaving my computer (nope, I've got nothing), or blog about the non-events in my entirely uneventful life.
...Today, I did some French homework and made some tentative plans to see Fright Night with my sister! (I say "tentative plans." In real life, I mean that I suggested we go see Fright Night sometime and she replied, "Maybe, but I was going to just get it on DVD and fast forward through the scary parts." I assume she meant "fast forward to the David Tennant parts." For shame.)

I've decided that I might actually start posting videos on Youtube. Not vlogs, really, 'cause I have none of the appropriate qualities for being a vlogger. I have actual ideas but the problem with my ideas is that, first of all, they always look and sound better in my head and also I totally lack the motivation to do anything. For example, I've been meaning to learn the harmonica for 6 months and despite having a lovely, fairly nice one, I've yet to start. It doesn't help that somebody is always home besides me and it's a sort of loud instrument to practice when you're just beginning. I've decided that since I'm going to absolutely hate this school year, I need as many distractions outside of school as possible, and Youtube seems like a fatal attraction (I'm just knocking these references out of the park today, aren't I?) for disillusioned youth.

I'd better go and do more of my neglected summer work, so I leave you with this suggestion: watch "Sherlock" on BBC (and by BBC I mean the internet). I totally just fangirled about it with a friend. It is legitimately one of the best shows on television (of course, I think that all of the shows I watch are some of the best of television, because I only watch about four shows).

No comments: