Sunday, August 14, 2011

FURNITURE REARRANGEMENT…

...is the freaking best.
So. Much. Fun.
Speaking of enjoying things, you know how, as a kid, (and hey, maybe this still goes on in school, how would I know?) when you were trying to figure out what you wanted to be as a grown-up, you’d get the advice to pick something you really liked or were really good at.* And I seriously thought about it, I really did. Maybe I’ll move furniture around when I grow up. People get paid for that shit, right? Interior decorating? (Okay, so I didn’t say “shit” in italics as a child, but you get the point.)
But on the whole, I decided against it. Why? I don’t know. Maybe I liked thinking I’d do something a smidge more meaningful with my life than redoing rich people’s kitchens. Maybe I just didn’t want to turn the act of pushing my bed around my room into a career and potentially taking all the joy out of it for myself.
And again I take more happiness from my Schroedinger's cat way of living* because if I don't decide what I want to be, then I can be both everything and nothing at the same time.
*As a side note, how many kids do you think actually stick to that elementary school dream?
**Maybe I'm missing the point of the whole Shroedinger's cat thing but living out of context can be fun, too.

1 comment:

Renata said...

As a child, were you referring to the interior decorating/feng shui aspect of furniture rearrangement, or the manual labor aspect? Because for the latter, you must've been a seriously bodybuilding young'un. (Or maybe I was just excessively weak and am making an unequal comparison.)

It would be funny if a football player was asked if he wanted to be a football player as a kid and answered, "No, I dreamed of being an accountant. But football just sort of came up."