Monday, June 14, 2010

Flag Day!

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

GUESS WHAT.

IGNORE THE FACT THAT I'M YELLING AT YOU RIGHT NOW.

I'M DONE WITH MY SOPHOMORE YEAR YES YES YES YES YES.

Also, I turned 16 today but that is FAR LESS exciting.

Points of Interest (not really):

1) Sixteen is truthfully not a milestone for me in any way other than that it has the stigma of being sixteen. Like, the only thing I can do right now that I couldn't do yesterday is get a job without getting my school to sign work release papers. Fun times. Sixteen no longer has any real influence on my driving capabilities. Regardless, I prefer being sixteen to being fifteen, simply because being sixteen makes me sound taller. I don't know please don't judge me okay thanks.

2) While I am generally a fan of the summer months, the end of school has always been like releasing a little part of my soul. When you dedicate ten straight months of your life to a single institution, it's bound to have some impact on you. I don't arrive at school singing for joy but, you know, there are some parts to it that I actually enjoy. Additionally, this is the actual there-is-no-going-back end of the little MYP bubble that I have been in since the sixth grade, and that's a little sad. I don't adore every single person in each of my classes and although it's not exactly an exclusive academic club, there is some sense of us all being in it together. Next year we're separating into our various on-level/honors/AP/IB classes and it makes me a tad bit nostalgic.

3) I got my ears pierced yesterday for the first time ever! It was surprisingly painless. I was going to get mine double pierced but the ear piercing people were all, "Well, if it gets infected then that's going to suck, so you should wait a couple weeks." Which I guess makes sense, so I'm probably going to get a second piercing in... July. Or August. (I don't care if this makes me a typical teenage sellout to the ways of the superficial. I like them. Deal with it.)

2 comments:

Alex said...

High 5s go out to all my fellow 16 year olds. Sorry Rena. (You can have a high 5, too.)
What do you mean sixteen has no influence on your driving capabilities? How does licensing work there?

Pierced ears are pretty cool. I would really like pierced ears but I've had them each done 3 and 4 times, respectively, and they always get infected. Currently, I have one hole in my right ear but if I stick anything in it, the pus comes. And that's disgusting.
So I live without even though being a jewelery maker whose favourite thing to make is earrings makes it hard.

Vita said...

Well, in Maryland, you're eligible to get your permit at 15 and 9 months, and the earliest you can get your provisional license is 16 and 7 months, so the age 16 itself really isn't important in any way.

Aw, I'm sorry about your ears. At least you can gift them to other people/force other people to wear them, right?