Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I will be in control of an automobile. Egads!

I am going out driving this evening.
I wonder why my cat gets so moody.
I hear that there have been three murders in my area in the last two weeks.
I see a squirrel outside of my back door.
I want to be fluent in Spanish.
I am hoping that the cars of the world will stay in tonight so I can have the road all to myself.

I pretend that it's normal to hear voices in your head.
I feel kind of nervous for that driving experience, I spoke of beforetime.
I touch your stuff when you're not around.
I worry that we're not going to get down to 350ppm.
I cry a surprising amount. (seriously, I'm so freaking emotional.)
I am curious as to how you can have a Liberal-Conservative Party.

I understand that it's important to imagine people complexly.
I say "Stay out of school!"
I dream that I'll finish my novel and someday someone will feel about me the way I feel about John Green.
I try to floss my teeth every day.
I hope whatever is eating my garden will go away.
I am completely addicted to telling stories.

Hi. Did you miss me on Sunday? I missed you and I was almost here but then Blogger decided to keep me from you. Not much can keep me from you other than Blogger and my tendency to venture into internet-less territories.

As I tweeted a few days ago, I finished An Abundance of Katherines about a week ago. Then I was reading the FAQ of John's new website and I was duly awed. John Green is even more amazing than even I imagined. I can't even describe how impressed I am with him. I never really used to have a 'hero', per se, but I think I have found one. The amount of thought and crafting he puts into his books makes me feel slightly inadequate but inspired at the same time. When I think of his books and how awesome they are, it makes me want to be a better writer. It makes me want to put that much effort into my own work so that maybe someday, as I said above, someone will be the me to my John Green.

And so I'm renewing my efforts for my novel. Thank you, John Green. You rock my socks.

P.S. I think I'm going to write John a letter. I feel like I should thank him...

1 comment:

Vita said...

johngreenjohngreenjohngreenjohngreen

yesyesyesyesyes

lovehimlovehimlovehim

Not in a creepy I-want-to-commit-adultery-with-him way, but rather in a he-is-actually-my-hero way. As you said.

Yeah...