Monday, May 31, 2010

We are not the World

Sup.

I had this really long, deep blog planned, and I've written at least half of it, but it's 11:16 pm and I need to figure out how to finish my math homework so I'll save it for Friday. (Don't be too disappointed.)

In the meantime, I shall inform you of my day:

1) After three long years of a flip phone that was probably outdated when I bought it, I got a new phone today. It's more or less an early birthday present, and as far as presents go, I'm happy with it. (Although it must be said that I enjoy all the presents I receive. Really, the joy isn't in the present itself but rather in opening it.) It has a touch screen (ooh posh) and a keyboard (ooh fancy) so that is quite a PARTY. (Also, I feel obligated to say that I really quite liked my old phone. So perhaps it was a little on the old side, but we had adventures together, most of which involved my accidentally throwing it on the ground. Yet it never broke, which is more than I can say for many of my friends' more expensive brand-name phones. So. Suck it.)

2) I forced my sister and mother to watch two of Hank Green's "fifty jokes in four minutes" videos. My sister was duly impressed, my mother commented on how "fluently" (i.e. quickly) Hank speaks (and asserted that she likes his brother's books), while I was nearly dying of laughter. Uh, yeah. Apparently I'm the nerdfighter of the family.

3) It was hot. Burning, sticky, I-can-feel-the-sky-melting hot. The kind of hot that makes me fear the summer weather. Shit, global warming, why are you so abrasive?

4) It's Memorial Day. While I do not exactly support the idea of war in general, I'd like to take this time to say: Thanks, soldiers, sailors, the air force, and the military in general. I'm truly sorry you never made it home.

1 comment:

Renata said...

1. Congratzzz. Hopefully you will have many more not-breaking related adventures with your new fancy phone.

2. "Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?"... "Because it was DEAD!" never fails to make me laugh. Fluency < LULZ.

3. I feel like I can't complain about the heat here when it's probably worse for you due to your southernishness compared to my location...

4. Even though it's not Memorial Day any more, ditto.