Thursday, January 20, 2011

11-1-10

Originally by Vita. Commentary (and additions) by Alex.

As a preface to this, I don't know what to do with the rest of my night. I want some kind of contact with a person outside of my family and I had plans with my friends but they cancelled. I've only poured over textbooks in feeble preparation (for, like, tests and stuff) one or twice in my life but I feel like the act of studying has stolen something from me tonight and I've forgotten how to forgive. And, despite this, I'm hoping you'll forgive me for sounding as pathetic as I feel like I have thus far in this post. I suppose I'm just a little disappointed.


This post, therefore, resonates with me, despite its simplicity. I love the tangible linear-ness of it all. There seems to be contention but also a tired disappointment.

Things I did today:
- ate candy A fantastic way to start any day.
- watched the beginning of "dead alive," a crap horror film from the 1980s that i personally wanted to watch for hilarity purposes but was vetoed I'm usually the veto-er of movies at sleepovers. I have somewhat particular tastes.
- decided that, based on the last 30 minutes of the film, halloween 5 is the stupidest/least scary slasher film ever. I can't really argue. I haven't watched a tone of slasher films.
- played scattergories I love that game. I suck at it but I really enjoy it for whatever reason.
- went to sleep at 5 am Hey, I did that on Saturday night! It was... yeah I can't seem to come up with an adjective that aptly describes what that night was.
- woke up at 9 am This is my kind of wake up time.
- got home at 10 am
- took a shower
- did psych homework for two hours Sounds... psychologically damaging?
- went to rehearsal at 2:20 pm
- left rehearsal at 10:00 pm You probably realize this but I'm saying it anyway: that's a really long rehearsal. I don't know if I've ever rehearsed anything for that long.
- wrote this blog post An admirable act, indeed.
- didn't start nanowrimo Some things aren't meant to be. I don't believe in fate mostly but I've heard my mother say that enough times that sometimes it becomes my default.
- sleep Maybe I should do some of that.
- sleep Way too easy to steal from yourself.
- sleep But also remarkably difficult.
- (i wish) Perhaps something we should do a lot more of. 

No comments: