Thursday, April 22, 2010

When was the last time your mom said lights out?

It's Thursday and as it's approximately 4 minutes past my bedtime, this is going to be quick.

Today is Earth Day. I think every day should be Earth Day so this actual recognition doesn't mean much to me, but at the same time, it does. I hope that someone drank out a reuseable mug today*, or started a compost**, or used a cloth shopping bag***, or filled up a reuseable water bottle today****. I really do.

I saw a really awesome local band today so that's awesome. They're called The Oh Wells and they remind me of a whole lot of musicians that I really love plus they're brilliant in their own way. The influences on their myspace page speaks for itself. They're like Juno soundtrack meets 500 Days of Summer soundtrack meets Hank Green meets Molly Lewis. If you go to their myspace (linked above) you should listen to The Coolest People I Know (Harry Potter references for the win) and Is It Too Late To Apologize. Those are my favourites. If you don't go to their myspace, that's okay, too. I'm fine liking them on my own. Goodnight everyone.

footnotes/resources
In honour of Earth Day (or the day after, depending on when you read this) if you want to watch/read something about something that interests you here are some sources...
*A blog from Sustainability is Sexy on paper cups and how freaking awful they are.
**Composting is beautiful and makes Alex very happy.
***Plastic bags are killing us. Plus, they'll never fully biodegrade. Suck.
****Story of Bottled Water is from the same people that brought us Story of Stuff and it is an easy to watch, fascinating story of what we drink and what it costs us.

No comments: