Friday, October 8, 2010

blargh

I'm writing this snuggled under my covers, my neck curved at an uncomfortable angle in an attempt to see the computer screen. I feel like my eyes are going to fall out of their sockets. Really, I'm only writing this because I feel like I owe you (all sixteen of you) a blog post. So tired.

- Football team lost Homecoming game 14 - 41. Only upset because it's not extreme enough - we should either win or lose to a score of something like 0 - 70. Also, because a friend and I had an awesome victory plan, but there's always next year.* Like we discussed during the game, we as a school should not only accept but indeed embrace the fact that our football team is quite possibly the worst in the county (not an exaggeration). We're not going to win any games, so can't we just bullshit the whole thing instead?

- NaNoWriMo - I'm determined to actually finish this year. I've got a very, very general plot that's not so much a plot as it is an idea, but it's all good cuz I'm supaa fly.
...I probably shouldn't say that under any circumstances. Sorry. Y'alls excited?!

- NaNoWriMo B - I've heard people say, "Being busy is no excuse for not writing. If you want to write, you'll find time to write." Do you agree with that? Personally, I think it's generally true, but it doesn't take into account the fact that once you've done all of your work/homework/whatever, you're often so drained that the only way you can muster up enough strength during your free time is to watch Youtube videos or something equally as independent of intelligent brain function. I, for one, am a moderate-to-slow worker and by the time I finish my homework (which is often too late at night) I don't feel like writing more. So. Sucks. Hope NaNoWriMo will correct this.

Please forgive me for any spelling/grammar problems! I'M SO TIRED!

* Not really "always" seeing how I graduate next year but wha'evaa

3 comments:

Alex said...

I'm sorry your football teem doesn't suck extremely enough for you. I don't have a football team at all. People here mostly play rugby, I think, and the one game I went to had an ambulance sitting in the parking lot for the inevitable injury. Did your football game have such an honour?

I'm glad you're determined to finish NaNoWriMo. Care to share anything about the general plot?

About the whole "finding time to write thing" I don't think there's really an answer. If you *need* to write, then you will. But if you *want* to write maybe you will, maybe you won't.
For example, if I don't blog, work on my novel, journal or even write an email to my sister, I don't feel right. There's just things I need to get out, even if it's just four lines of a poem scrawled on a napkin. I hope you can work your way through NaNo.

So yeah, I used to feel that way about writing but, since I got my job, I've had a bit less leisure time. And the thing about getting home at 10:45 at night (or finishing homework then) is that you don't really have time to do stuff. I know I should go to bed right now, but I have to check my email, the blog, Twitter, etc. I like to work on my novel at night but when it's already late, there's no time. I've taken to writing in the morning but then I actually have to get out of bed. My life is so hard.
So I don't agree with that busy statement anymore. It's all just circumstances.

Alex said...

Whoa. Spelt team wrong. Time to go to bed, Alex

Vita said...

Ha, ambulances = hardcore. PLUS, rugby = less wimpy version of football. I don't think we had any ambulances, but my old English teacher plays rugby and she was at the game, so... yay connections?

NNWM: Very generally (very), it's about a novice actress in a short revolutionary(ish) horror film who goes missing for 10 years.

...which makes it sound like, uh, most crappy mystery stories. BUT IT GETS BETTER! (At least, it will once I write it.) I HAZ IDEAS! But spoiling the rest of the book is no fun... :)

(It genuinely is better than it sounds, though, at least to me. I'll tell you more about it halfway through November when I've figured it out myself xD)

You got any plot ideas yet?