Sunday, October 17, 2010

Simplicity

Does anyone else ever wish that life was simple? As huge a fan as I am of imagining people complexly, I'm also a fan of simplicity. I wish I didn't own as much stuff as I own. I wish more people could see the patterns that I see. I wish relationships could make sense and that I could turn transparency on and off. I wish my life was simple, that fixing my novel was simple, that relating to people was simple, that repairing this broken world was simple.

But no I don't.

In favour of getting back to regular sleeping habits, I'm keeping this short. For once, I'm going to stop being so attention seeking and point your focus elsewhere.

Did I mention my older sister got a blog recently? She's kind of in this in between stage of life right now and I don't know what's rushing towards her but I'm sure it's going to take her someplace amazing and I can only hope that I'll be able to handle this wild and crazy life of mine without her constantly around to make me smile. And so I'm hoping she will continue to blog even when she's not in her room, twenty feet and two doors away from me, but in more extraordinary places with lots of diverting adventures to keep her away from me.
A key part of this is for her to feel the blogging love so, for purely selfish reasons, I'm asking if you'll please read some of her posts and perhaps write a comment of your own. You won't regret it.

http://dft.ba/-waitingforyou

(yes, I really wanted to use that new link shortner curtosy of dftba records. Sue me)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Not to be all blow-my-own-horn like, but the link is no-worky. And, yeah, I clicked on a link to my own blog. Anyway, yeah... Keep up the good work :)

Rachel said...

You know what, disregard that last comment. I have technical difficulties.