Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bullet Point Poetry?

Some true facts:
  • NaNoWriMo starts (for me and other Pacific Time Zoners) in 50 minutes.*
  • I am tired.
  • My sister is listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on her iPod.
  • I am overhearing it.
  • It's distracting.
  • I really love Harry Potter.
  • It's dark in here with the only light being the screen of this computer and a spotlight on the keyboard coming from the brand new solar powered IKEA lamp.
  • I think the solar lamp is pretty darn cool.
  • For Halloween, I had turkey and way too many Aero bars.**
  • I also watched some bad movies on the HDTV that my dad is ardently in love with.
  • The first four chapters of my novel are planned. After that I'm "pantsing" it.
  • Pantsing is a term I learned at the NaNoWriMo kickoff party that I attended in Vancouver today. 
  • It was fun.
  • Pantsing is derived from the term "seat of your pants", not pantsed as in someone pulled down your pants unexpectedly.
  • I was intending to stay up until midnight to start my NaNo as I did last year.
  • I'm not sure I'm going to stay up because, as mentioned, I'm tired.
  • It just occurred to be that I could start writing right now and no one would know.
  • Thinking that made me feel a little dirty and cheaterlike.
  • I guess I may as well stay up.
  • It's decided. I'm staying up.
Here are my pumpkins. I was delegated to carve all three of the family pumpkins. I suspect this is because my sisters are lazy but I'm choosing to believe it's because they have great stock in my artistic abilities.
 Mockingjay pin! I'm surprised that it turned out okay, to be perfectly honest.
Emoticon pumpkin. I had four symbols on there including <3, : P, ;) and XD
Last, but not least, Harry Potter pumpkin. That one was HARD. Just sayin'.

As for the layout, I made this image quickly after I wrote that post. The things I like about it are the grass background and the font of Raving Persuasions. Other than that, I'm not really sure. Do you two have ideas for what the text should say? Otherwise, maybe we could do no text at all except Raving Persuasions really big, simple, like Vita suggested. Anyway... 


*By the time this is posted, that sentence will be outdated.
**I heard somewhere that you Americans don't have Aero bars. True fact?

2 comments:

Vita said...

I like the grass header and the text part, but not so much the rest of the background (like the part with the hummingbirds)... I think part of the problem is that it's too green.

Your pumpkins are super jokes.

Renata said...

I was going to comment on this yesterday (when everything was green but now is not, which makes the point moot. . .) that it was a little eye-meltingly bright. This is better. More importantly, re: your pumpkins:

Win.