Monday, October 25, 2010

LIFE

I have approx. 5 minutes to write this post if I'm going to make it with my 10:30pm goal. The goal of going to sleep by then, that is. Of course, this means that I'll be neglecting my squillions of homework assignments that are due Wednesday/Thursday/Friday but hey, sleep triumphs over, well, most things. RIGHT?

Anyway... Well, hey there. Let's catch up. How have you been? Have you missed my lovely virtual face around this corner of the internet? I BET YOU HAVE.

In exciting news, I AM GOING TO THE HARRY POTTER MIDNIGHT PREMIERE HOORAY HOORAY. I'm totally shocked by this -- how was I to know that my mother would be wonderful and allow me to go? It's a school night. It's going to be so much fun. You'd better believe that we're dressing up.

Here, have a look at one of my draft blogs that I never finished and thus never posted:

"Things I Have Learned this Week:

- I can safely cross "journalist" off of my list o' possible writing-related careers. Here's the thing: I believe that journalists have one of the most important jobs available. I believe that all of the news sources need to fire their biased* reporters/journalists and their journalists/reporters that don't like to research. I believe that good journalists are honest, level-headed, intelligent, hard-working, demanding, extroverted (or at least good at suppressing their introversion), skilled at writing, and well-informed but even more so possessors of a desire to become well-informed.

But fuck I'm too uncomfortable around people to be an honest-to-God journalist. I like people, I'm not an awkward caterpillar all aloney on my owny, and I think I'm actually pretty good at pretending to be confident even if I'm not, but I don't like demanding things of people, even if it's just an answer to this MOTHEREFFING QUESTION on this MOTHEREFFING PLANE. The thing is, once I start interviewing somebody, I'm totally fine -- I kind of get into it and sometimes I even improvise questions!! Oh my gaaah! However, these were people that I know, yet even so, the prospect of interviewing them seemed supremely unappealing. I see this other place as well -- I never *want* to do stuff, but once I actually do it, I usually end up having fun.

*that is, biased outside the uncontrollable realm of slight human bias"

Well, now, wasn't that brilliant and moving? Did you cry? I bet it made you cry. Cry TEARS OF JOY and EMOTION, that is.

Let's just say that I WILL NOT be a journalist and move the heck on. Did that require so much effort, self from three days ago? NO. Why don't you write about interesting things, self? WHY?

Anyhoo, I have four minutes to get ready for and hop into bed, so come back next time PLZ.

No comments: