Thursday, October 7, 2010

Update (because you needed to know)

Hi. A couple things are happening in my life right now and, for lack of a better idea, I am going to talk about them. It's hard for me not to be self absorbed.

  1. I seem to have been blessed with the new Twitter. I don't really like it. Too much to the left. I wonder if I can do something about that.
  2. I changed my personal blog address from accordingtoalex1.blogspot.com to thecornernotes.blogspot.com. I needed the change. I hope you'll visit me there.
  3. I went to Vancouver today to see a film about David Suzuki and there weren't any tickets. It was only an hour on the bus each way for nothing. Also, I walked right by him without noticing. Some fan I am.
  4. I took my iPod to the Apple Store in Vancouver today because it won't turn on or charge. Adam the "Genius" told me there was water damage, it's not covered by warranty and I have to pay $110 to replace my iPod. So yay! I probably shouldn't hate on Adam, who was just doing is job. Again, self absorbed. At least I'm aware of it. Also, on my iPod defense, I NEVER EXPOSED IT TO LIQUID!!!!! Grrrr. Mad. We shall see how this turns out.*
  5. I've started physics! It wasn't working for a while because Chrome was blocking the pop-ups but now I'm using Safari when I do physics so it's all good. Huzzah for cartoon videos that explain the difference between speed and velocity!
  6. I like my job. Yes, no one showed up today which made it harder and, yes, tomorrow is inventory and I'm working on Thanksgiving, but everyone is really nice and calm and thank the universe I made that math mistake in my interview and I'm not a cashier. Plus, money.
  7. I'm being studied! I went to the University of British Columbia on Tuesday and did a slew of questionnaires, activities and measurements and now I'm part of a study! This involves a couple things that are happening to me. They took my blood and now they're doing DNA tests on it! I have also to take samples of my saliva four times a day for the next week and send it back to them! Plus I'm wearing a bracelet that tracks my movements and the amount of time I spend sleeping. Lastly, I have to fill out a diary survey every night before bed. Yay? Will explain more about the study later perhaps.
  8. Book club is tomorrow and I completely forgot to email everyone and tell them when and where it is so they won't get the message until after school at which point it will probably be a little too late.
Now you're up to date. What's new with you?

*I feel so horrible thinking about my problems when people in Asia are locked in sweatshops for twelve hours a day with no pee breaks or food.

No comments: