Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thinking of an interestingly vague title is time-consuming, let's skip it

It's Saturday again. Let's talk about things. Care to go first?

*stares deeply but blankly into your eyes through screen* *stares *smiles*

I started this post about 25 minutes ago and this is all I've written, just so you know. Nanowrimo is going to be a piece of cake. */sarcasm* I'm horrendously bad at multitasking, by which I mean too good at multitasking for my own good. Tabbed browsing will be my downfall, I can taste it. It tastes like blueberries.

At first I thought I was going to be smart and write a short story anthology for NaNo, meaning I would be able to pick and choose through five or so different plots and only have to write 10,000 words on each. Then I realized that would require thinking of five separate, complete plots.

**See, self? This is why your routine falls to shit on Mondays, because you kill brain cells in front of the shiny, flashy, Interwebs into the wee hours of the night and then make up for it by sleeping until noon the next day. This must be incredibly healthy.**

Sometimes I wonder if I should blog on these days; when I procrastinate blogging until 11 at night and then just ramble. Is this really any better than no blog at all? This is not a rhetorical question. If that question was applied to a larger context than blogging, it's actually vaguely philosophical: how can it be proved that anything is better than nothing at all in a given situation? Or this is complete nonsense, like all good philosophy, it depends on how you think about it.

1 comment:

Vita said...

Well, if it makes a difference, I always enjoy reading you + Alex's blogs even when you guys seem consider the quality to be subpar.

That said, if you really feel like you don't have anything to say, I don't think you should feel obligated to ALWAYS POST NO MATTER WHAT. We don't want anyone starting to resent this blog! We want you to laaaaaaaaahv us :)

(PS, while we're on the subject, I apologize for NEVER POSTING. Lack of sleep + way too freaking much schoolwork = one sad and blogless Vita </3 I have been reading [the plural of your] blogs though, even though I've been really slack on commenting as well...)