Sunday, October 3, 2010

To Steph, let's be friends

Today, I forgot it was Sunday. Oops. I also read White Cat by Holly Black which I liked. A lot. Maybe. I don't know anything. I read a lot of good books so these things sort of turn to shades of gray.

I really have to work on my hook sentences. If you randomly found this blog, read "Today, I forgot it was Sunday," and then some nonsense about a book some stranger read that they may liked, would you stick around?

On another note, there's this teen author who I believe lives in Australia and I kind of think she's really cool. You know when you follow someone's exploits on the internet and decide you'd like to have that person as a friend but 1. they're a stranger and 2. you don't know how to strike up a friendship with a stranger?

I feel that way about Steph Bowe. I feel like we could be friends and if that's creepy, I guess I'm creepy. I wish her book would come out in Canada already. I have a feeling I'm going to like it.

You see, I have reason to believe Steph and I would get on quite well. We're both teenage girls who like to read a bit too much. We're both homeschooled. We both sort of feel like outsiders, somewhat beyond the maturity levels of our peers. We both love writing.

I know this isn't that much to go on, but it's a lot more than I have going with my other friends. So Steph Bowe, if you're reading this, do you want to be friends?

3 comments:

Steph Bowe said...

I'd love to be friends!
love this post :)

Alex said...

I'm glad that you'd love to be friends! I don't know what else to say except HI FRIEND!

Renata said...

Whoa, Alex, you've gained us a celebrity blog follwer. :D The Internet is magic.