Saturday, February 13, 2010

THE FUTURE!

Vita's post got me thinking about it, though I'm far, FARRRR, from a planner-ahead person... Parts:

1. On driving laws here, and my personal perceived driving skillz.
2. On colleges and moving.
3. On weddings. (and other things television makes look horrible.)

1. For me, Driver's Ed is a whole semester of NOT PE. W00T. (there's an option to take private lessons, but that means paying and taking 2 semesters of Soph PE. BOO.) By birthdate, I'm scheduled to take it second semester. This is fine by me, because I'm probably going to suck at driving. MOI, controlling a large moving object moving at an average speed of 30 miles per hour. Somedays I'm barely capable of walking on flat surfaces without tripping and looking like a fool. Honestly, I'm a bit scared. For myself and other pedestrians/drivers/innocent cute furry animals. It's a good skill to have, but if wherever I go there's good public transportation I'll stick to that. Plus it's good for the environment. Permit is obtained I think at the end of the course, then there's a course called "Behind the Wheel" for juniors which I think is the testing? There's 100 hours of driving (they make sure you go through WINTER, too. *shudder* I guess that's a good thing.) then most people end up with a license at 16.

2. I WANT to get into a good college, but I don't really care if it's not an Ivy (like some people are already stressing about-- FRESHMEN, for crying out loud.) Maybe U of I or something close-ish. (as opposed to the college that's about 2 feet away from the library in my town, or COD. Too close.) Anywhere in New York would also be jokes. I've been to Iowa and it's pretty there. (hell yes, I'd pick a college based on prettiness of the town...) It depends.

3. My parents haven't expressed any concern about my wedding or lack thereof. I have a feeling they and the rest of my family would be supportive, if not pay for it. Having a wedding necessitates getting engaged, which necessitates having a for-serious boyfriend, which necessitates having a not-for-serious boyfriend, which necessitates going out and having a social life, which in itself would have everyone in a group happydance. I don't know when/whee I'm going to get married, but here are some thoughts:

--Definitely in spring. April maybe. I know that's a really common time to get married, but I DO NOT want snow. Rain, okay. I think that's kind of romantic.

-- Outdoors would be cool. Specifically, I remember this one park (that ironically is very close to a church, where all the random cousins I hardly know had their communions/graduation parties-- in the basement of said church, wherein kickass pizza was had. I want that pizza at my wedding.) with a statue of a guy (I should look up who that is) and tons of trees and a gazebo type thing in the distance (from where I was, which was usually outside of/in the lobby of the church, with what I always thought was a birdbath... now I'm pretty sure it's a baptism thingy?) I really wanted to go hang out in that gazebo instead of being where I was. If it's possible to get married in there, that's where I'm going.

-- The dress I could care less about, having watched a show on TLC about the purchasing of them. I think the store is in New York, so all of the customers are from New Jersey. The people never shut up and let the person buy what she wants, which most of the time look stupid.

Have to go abruptly. Will possibly end tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vita said...

Ha! Dress shopping seems insane, but I think the key is to NOT go to the huge sales. More expensive dress, but a preservation of sanity and life. And time. Plus, you could probably find a cheapish dress somewhere that did not require you to crowd into a limited space with God knows how many INSANE WEDDING-OBSESSED PEOPLE :O