Friday, February 19, 2010

Je sais pas...

What I did this week:

1) Came back to school after 10 days off school because of the snow.

2) Obtained 3 jars of Nutella and have currently about 2.25 jars full left. VICTORY!

3) Went up in the Genie for the first time to tape and paint a section of a very tall set piece.

4) Went to bed at about 11:00 and fell asleep at about midnight every night.

5) Lamented the loss of the opportunity to take a semester of World Literature as an elective next year, but became more excited and nervous about doing IB next year.

6) Watched a video of Johnny Weir iceskating to Lady Gaga .

Iceskating (ice skating? ice-skating?) has always been one of my favorite sports to watch. It's like dance, but performed on little pieces of metal. Also, it's colder.

Perhaps it's not fair to compare dance and iceskating because although they share similar aspects, the whole - theory? technique? - behind them is pretty different. I guess I see iceskating as more of a sport and dance as more of a (physically demanding) art form. That's not to say the two are mutually exclusive. My sister has done ballet since she was three and it's definitely really tough; it's just that I can't, for the life of me, iceskate. True, I've only ever gone iceskating once, but I am a complete failure at rollerskating AND rollerblading so I doubt I'd be any good at iceskating. Of course, I can't dance for anything either, so who knows?

2 comments:

Astrid said...

I LOVE JOHNNY WEIR!

Renata said...

TE AMO NUTELLA!

I prefer Evan Lysacek (?) figure skating wise, because he's from here. And he won. w00t.