Sunday, February 28, 2010

This is what reading does to me

The Olympics are over. Yay! Now everyone can go home. I was going to write about hockey but I think I said it all already. There was a lot of talk on Twitter about the USA vs. Canada game which I thought was weird. Why are people so into hockey. Having said that, I did watch it and it was enjoyable. A very intense game during which I wanted to hit Roberto when he let in the last goal in the last 30 seconds. Seriously man, get it together.

I keep saying Withering Heights instead of Wuthering Heights. Why is that?

I'll try to keep this short for a couple reasons. Ooh a list, preeeetty.
  1. I can barely read words right now let alone construct whole sentences.
  2. I want to watch Gilmore Girls. This one is kind of selfish.
  3. I'm sleepy.
  4. It's dark outside. I have no idea why this leads to shortness but, according to my brain, it does.
  5. I distinctly remember having a number five but it won't come now. I'm now going to move on with my life.
I'm trying to think of some reason to like Wuthering Heights. It's a puzzler for the ages. I figure it has to have something good in there because it has stuck around for this long to be known as a 'classic'. I'm still having a hard time. People like this book, right? Where are they? What's up with them? In short: HOW COULD ANY SANE, "NORMAL" PERSON LIKE THIS BOOK??? You have to have a pretty dim outlook on life to see anything redeemable in it. I guess there's a happy ending. That is, if your definition of happy is "okay, well, most of the people were unhappy most of the time and died but there are a couple of cousins left who are going to get married and live happily ever after with their mutant eleven toed children." Sounds great, doesn't it?

I will write more about this on the morrow.

I really like hot chocolate. And cupcakes. Mmmmmm. I was going to try and finish the 1st and a half draft of my novel by the end of February. That didn't work out. At least I finished Edward and Bella's favourite book. Huzzah.

Okay, that's it. I'm out.

No comments: