Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow, what?

My neighbor's pine tree (looking very regal)

Me, attempting to walk in the snow (it's a bit deeper than it looks here - it came up past my knee, even when I wasn't touching the very bottom of it all)

Yesterday's sunset, which was a welcome sight after the hours of snowy grayness, and part of my snowed-in street


A large icicle that my mom broke off so it wouldn't impale anyone


Taken from indoors - my deck (note how much snow is on the table/chairs)

For the past two days, I have been living in a world of snow, snow, and more snow. If you have ever been present during a huge snowstorm, you have probably experienced the agony of having EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION somehow relate to a) how much snow is on the ground, b) how much snow WILL be on the ground, c) how many days school will be canceled, d) how much the person loves snow, or e) how much the person hates snow with every cell in their body.

Truthfully, these conversations don't bother ME too much, partially because I am all for hopping on the snow boat, as it were, and partially because it's usually not too difficult to get the person distracted which then leaves you with either a) a chance to escape or b) a more interesting conversation. However, it can't be denied that sometimes the amount of snow talk exceeds the amount of actual snow, so with that I will shut up and leave you with a few pictures from today and yesterday* (I feel like the depth of the snow isn't very accurately captured in these photos - it's well past two feet).
(I feel bad for not blogging on Friday, so I hope that Alex doesn't mind that I'm invading her day!)
*which are actually above the text because I don't know how to move pictures on Blogger

1 comment:

Renata said...

Wow. Awesome, sans icicle-impalement. They're predicting 10 inches overnight here! *crosses fingers*