Thursday, November 19, 2009

Full Moon (or not)



Update: I'm tired and I must say that I feel sorry for those of you who have to go to school today. It's also Silence Day, which I am taking part in by not talking all day, and I don't think blogging is technically permitted (It's like no email, no texting, no talking...) but I *promised* and I keep my promises. Especially for you people who are not able to attend late night showings. I must report for you.

First of all the theater experience was not too exciting. Apart from the ten year olds sitting beside us who kept blatantly staring and then looking away just when we looked over the waiting in line part was pretty uneventful. People stared but it wasn't a big deal. There was no cardboard cut out of Edward that I could pose next too and that made me sad.

There was about a million previews, one of which had RPattz himself and another of which was for the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince DVD (I cheered, obviously) but then the movie finally came on. I'm still not sure what exactly to think. I'll start with what I remember saying in the car ride home last night.
- Bella is a mean, selfish b****. Kristen Stuwart was somewhat better as an actress once Rob left but I still hate Bella. Leave them both!!!
- The beginning was awkward. I just felt like the exposition was really weird. It didn't feel normal and they kept saying stuff like, "Edward, I'm getting older! And you're not! It's so unfair. CHANGE ME!"
- Once Edward left things got better.* I thought Taylor Lautner did particularly well but I still absolutely adore Mike Newton. All of Bella's human friends are awesome.
- I guess I had the same issues with the movie as I had with the book. I was mad at Bella for choosing Edward over Jacob even after Edward had left her. I was also mad at her for accepting his apology so soon after he came back. I felt bad for Jacob, which I suppose is a sign of good acting and understanding the part on his side. Bella is so stupid. You're not supposed to say out loud which one you would choose. That's just terrible.
- Jacob's muscles scared me. The place where his neck turns into his shoulders is just a huge bulge and it's creepy.
- The werewolves were... good, I guess. I'm not a huge fan of action but the action scenes were fine. I prefer vampire fighting to wolf fighting for some reason. Also the sound effects whenever there was some vampire power going on were hilarious. I will never forget that sparkling sounds like wind chimes.
- The Volturi were wonderful or maybe that was just Aro. I think they might have missed the point, however, that vampires are supposed to be incredibly beautiful and dazzling. The Italian trio were... not.
- I thought the music and the score was weird. At times it felt like falling in love montages and at other times it felt like a slasher movie. Duh nuh duh nuh duh nuh duh nuh .

I would say it was not as bad as Twilight and the writing was a little better, but Rob and Kristen still seem so awkward together. It doesn't feel like they have any chemistry which does not make it believable and that is possibly why they can't say their lines without stuttering. Kristen and Taylor however are better together. Who's excited for Eclipse?!?

You know, it's not actually that bad. It was fun to watch and I'm one of those people in movies that can't not talk so I always whisper what I'm thinking to the person next to me which means shared giggles.

"And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell" What a bucket of laughs we had.

I've realized that I can't actually write reviews. I can only write unorganized lists that don't really make sense but somewhat convey my thoughts.

Hank tomorrow!! Must survive silence day first, though. Until Sunday...

*I'm assuming you've both read the book, but maybe I shouldn't.

***before***

I was going to write this after New Moon came out so I could do a review and possibly post pictures of my costume, but then I realized that would mean it would be Friday because I am going to be home after 12am so it wouldn't work. I figured I would just write a review on the movie experience on Sunday, but that day is already filled up for a blog because of the Tour de Hank experience. Hank totally trumps New Moon, but then I remembered I can just update this same blog post when I get back from the movie theater and everyone will be happy. My addiction to Twitter is profound and I know this because I just wanted to type #solutions. *shakes head*

We're going to the theater two hours early so we don't have to sit in the front row. Also we have plans to disrupt movie watching by cheering when Edward leaves and also when Mike Newton comes onscreen. I think there is a total of six of us going, plus two other people who we are supposed to save seats for who I am not talking to because I'm mad*.

I have to go do school because I have been neglectful lately.

Will post pictures and review in twelve hours or so. Enjoy the film, movie goers and try not to stare at me for too long while you try and understand why I am dressed up as a Hogwarts student. Or, you know, stare as long as you like because I did it all for attention.

*I may be kidding, depending on who I'm talking to.

3 comments:

Vita said...

Bwahahah I love your outfit. Harry Potter > Twilight.

I haven't seen New Moon, of course, but your review sounds about how I'd expect the movie to be. MMMM I'm disappointed that it won't be as funny as Twilight, though. :(

Alex said...

Still pretty funny.

Renata said...

Exactly. HP FTW! Your outfit also pwns. According to normal reviews it sucks, so that element of mockery + Harry Potter must have helped it be more bearable... I haven't seen it yet, but I did find the people who went to the midnight show and then had to attend (7:45 am starting) school HILARIOUS in their dead state.