Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I feel the need to make up words

Since you both have had actual interesting bits of life to blabber about here, I am going to attempt the complete opposite! (Since it works most of the time... hah. Nonconformity! Xylophone! Potato! Textualism! :D )

I digress.

Alex, have you finished Going Bovine yet? No pressure, I'm just thinking about the book club. (To be brought up again hopefully after NaNo/holidays/awesome post of Seattle + HANK? Who knows? Good idea, by the way. I really liked the answering of questions and discussion and such.) Or if both of you have read it I'm currently reading The Book Thief (which Vita mentioned AGES ago. It is quite fantastic.)
.......

WOW.

I think I just managed to plan something more than 2 days ahead of time. WOW. Now let's apply that to any one of the other things I should be doing. HAH.

Oh, look, a QUESTION! *is immediately reminded of Question Tuesdays and feels the need to answer this quickly, followed by a witty answer to "Who the eff is HANK?!* Wow. My train of thought is easily derailed. Oooooh! Metaphor! Bad, overused train metaphor! *scribbles furiously in convenient notepad, despite not having one. Why am I talking in the stars again? Bloodledoodledooo...*

Alex's question: Like this blog post, very unconnected and chaotic but oodles of awesomeness! Saw the Cherry Orchard, made muffins, yakked with my friends I've barely talked to AT ALL this (school **You see how it gets in the way of crap? And drama and NaNo and being an unadjusted crazy freshman**) year, choreographed an interpretive dance (those last two very much connected. What friends are for, definitely. Being insane and having people going along with it and adding to the total madness...) and things I'm probably forgetting, but it was just all awesome.

Alex's answer: AMEN. Heck I use that loosely but I really could not have said it better. Like, if this blog were suddenly over and we all met up somewhere I feel like we could totally just pick up where the blog was left off, like a conversation. I know some new people and I AM the known one, and it feels great to have a connection with people you don't really know and at the same time know that people know you. Y'know? (Two words were grossly overused in that little rambling. Guess which they are. ;))

Wow. (third time I've used that word in this post, too) This is getting long. I go now to eat muffin and figure out what the heck Kenken is.)

2 comments:

Alex said...

I finished Going Bovine last night at 12:25 (or this morning). I will use your word. Wow.

I've also read The Book Thief.
Book club... after Nano/Hank/... holidays? Riiiiight, Thanksgiving, right?

Nice metaphor. I dare you to use it in your novel.

I know you. Or at least I think I do. Somewhat. Y'know?

Renata said...

Yup, our crazy American Thanksgiving and whatever other holidays will be cause for vacations or other distractions... we'll let Vita decide that one.

Oh, I am SO going to use that metaphor. I have it written riiiight here. *points to metaphorical notepad*