Sunday, November 15, 2009

Go onstage and sing and dance!

I'm tired of updates on my computer, which is why I haven't uploaded the "new" iTunes until now. I feel like they* are** always coming out with a new iTunes. Like every two weeks, There is a new version of iTunes (8.99995) available. Would you like to install? It's so irritating and there is usually no changes that I can notice. But they have made some serious renovations this time. It's so awesome. Home sharing is my new best friend. Thank you, Apple.

It was a busy weekend. My mom organized a "camp"*** and I helped. Ever seen the show, Amazing Race? It was like a miniature version of that with 12-14 aged girls. I was Phil standing there with the clue envelopes and being all knowing. It was incredible.

You may not want a play by play, but you are going to get it anyway. What can I say, it was epically fun and I want to gloat.

On Saturday, I had breakfast at IHOP and then sat in Starbucks for an hour for the teams to arrive for their next clue. A great thing about Starbucks is that they will let you sit there as long as you like and not say anything about it. I don't even think anyone noticed we were there. They ignored us. It was great.

We had a break and went to The Body Shop and sprayed perfumes on ourselves and massaged body butter into our hands. I put on some Super Super Mega Super Volume Mascara, which was just as voluminous as the regular stuff I have at home. Why are they always coming out with new and "better" mascaras (and stuff in general)?

Then after that we (being the Rangers) went to the library and hid pieces of clues in different books and then wrote down the Dewey decimal numbers so they had to go and find them all. That was my idea.

Then, if that's not enough, we went to the pit stop/church basement where they would be sleeping and they had a cook off in which the Rangers were the judges. Food tastes better when people cook for you and then serve you. That apple crumble was a perfect 10. There was no room for improvement.

After that we had a talent show, where we performed scenes from A Very Potter Musical and then pranced around and sang Elephant Love Medley (from Moulan Rouge--I was Ewan McGregor) ON STAGE. I am of the opinion that everyone should get up on stage and dance and sing every once in a while. It's great fun and just a necessary part of life. BEST night of this month, yet.**** So go find a stage and sing show tunes to the weary audience.

I feel a little self absorbed now. How were YOUR weekends?

I think I know why I blog. I remember talking about this a while ago and I now have an answer. I like feeling connected. I feel like when I write about stuff and people who I don't necessarily know in "real life" read it, it's like being a part of something bigger and better than "real life". We all want connection and I feel it when I blog and read blogs.

*Ask yourself: Who are 'they'?
**Notice the lack of contractions. NaNoWriMo gets to the innermost workings of your brain and messes with it.
***not a real camp with, like, tents and stuff but a camp where people run around the town and do crazy stuff for fun.
****This could all change very soon when I go to see HANK on tour in SEATTLE next weekend. As if you couldn't tell from the CAPS I'm EXCITED. There aren't any details about the show, but once there are, plans will be made and I will be there. *happy dances*

3 comments:

Vita said...

OMG OMG OMG.
JEALOUS.
A) you get to meet HANK and B) you get to go to SEATTLE, two things that I want to do VERY BADLY.
You MUST blog about your Nerdfighting experience when you get back. :))

Renata said...

Seconded! *Squeal of utter fangirlyness and jealousy* DO IT.

Alex said...

*joins in with the squealing* I know it's so exciting!!!!! Will blog all about it.