Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thought baby train wreck!

Hello peeps! I have a feeling this won't get read until tomorrow, so happy Sunday! Happy Tour de Hanking! Happy whatever you happen to be doing at this particular moment!

Why is it that I wait until ze late night hours to blog? I start thinking I have a good idea for a post, procrastinate on it, and *poof* the thought is gone. Continuing with the extended train metaphor/simile/other smart intentional sounding literary device, forget about derailed. My thoughts are like this huge train wreck involving the Productivity Train and the Suck Train. They crash, and then it's like, "Ohhhh noez, whatever will become of the Productivity Train? There were BABIES on that train! Save them, azzhole! Save the thought babies! All hope is not lost! Oh, but let's go see what happened to the Suck Train. Let's see what died over there." And at this point you can't even tear yourself away from it; the train wreck is so morbidly fascinating. "Mmm, it's not so bad over here. Maybe I can just live here and forget about the dead thought babies on the Productivity Train." And then you get off and see both trains kind of scrunched together and flipped over half way, and that is just terribly depressing. But, wait, in all this commotion and spastic thought process, you forget about things and are brought back to reality by this one little sound, a kind of pathetic whimper, but you investigate it. It's a LIVE thought baby! Oh dear god YAYYYY! And then you are absorbed in the miracle and adorableness of this surviving thought, but think, "Now that I have you I will USE you, dammit! I saved you from this awful mess of a thought train wreck, I have to put you to use at least! So that something productive will come out of this! Sure, I was the one who caused it... but now I have this one scrap of a useful thought! VICTORY!!!"

THAT is precisely what my train of thought is like. THAT is also how I try to increase my word count, going off on long crazy rants and not using contractions or pronouns and making "train wreck" two words. I think it can be used as one, but for my purposes it's two. So HAH. Wait, I want to see how many words that was. *pastes into Pages* Two hundred and fifty two words! Oh yes. This is quite good...

Anyway, what was I talking about? No idea, so let's just start over:

Welcome back Vita! Woot woot! *blowing of party banners & such* Answer to your question: I might try it, once I can get used to iSight and stuffs. It's really weird having to stare at myself while the thing is filming, and the lighting is usually weird so half my face is all white and blurry and it makes me mad. Like I said I'm still fiddling around with PhotoBooth, which has the same light problem, I don't know if I can turn off the flash of if that even IS a flash or what. It's also not as convenient as a normal digital camera, because it only takes pictures of things directly in front of my desk. When I'm doing picture-worthy type things I am not near my desk, and likewise when I'm near my desk I'm in jammypants and eating Sour Cream & Onion Pringles. Unflattering. I'll try sometime. Even just to get a normal looking Twitter picture...

I have a feeling that's long enough so I'll stop here. See you Tuesday all! (If I'm alive at the end of the day... gahhh we have the rest of the week off so that means Tuesday EVERYTHING is due... no, no, I will not allow my brain to explode. Not yet.

**EDIT** I tried to insert a picture from photobooth that although sparkly-white-flashy vampirey was okay looking. Then came the Spinning Wheel of DEATH (very common though effin annoying occurrence on Macs.) and to this I say BLEH. Not going to try that again, anyone know how to fix it???

**EDIT numero 2** What to do with the New Moon widget? Delete it, put an Eclipse movie countdown widget in its place (it's more than a year but I'm sure someone has made one...) or leave it up for eternity to stare at Edward's Edwardy hotness?

1 comment:

Alex said...

I'm going to read this again tomorrow when I am less tired. It sounds very awesome and metaphory but the only thing I have energy for is listening to Hank's new album. And then sleep.