Monday, November 16, 2009

Witch, plz.

My apologies for missing both Monday AND Friday last week. Perhaps I don't have an excuse, but I do have a reason: Monday through Friday, I stayed at school until 10:00pm for Hell Week* (15 hours at RM! Yeah!!!!!), got home around 10:15pm, finished my homework until about 11:00pm, and then went to sleep. On Friday, I got home at 2:30pm, took a nap, woke up around 4:30pm, and then ate dinner and left for RM at around 5:15pm. And got home really late. WHOO. Tis okay though, for I love me some Drama. We're doing The Crucible and HOLY FUCK IT IS AWESOME. Not to toot my own horn (it's not really, though, seeing as I'm only 1 out of... 60? 80? people involved with the show) but I believe it to be a major accomplishment. For one thing, The Crucible itself is so intense, and the actors + the way the play was set up made everything one big pile of Awesome. <3

I believe I have said this before, but I strongly suggest getting involved with your own Drama department, if possible. Obviously, I've only been to my own, but the way I hear it, most theatre sections of teh skoolz are all pretty beast. It's like one huge, sometimes dysfunctional, usually insane, AWESOME family.

* AKA Tech Week, AKA Sunday/Monday - Thursday the week the show opens, in which all the cast & crews stays until 10:00pm to run through the play. I have such a love/hate relationship with Hell Week... as do most people, methinks.

5 comments:

Alex said...

I'm just glad you're alive. :)
And congratulations. Allow me to toot your horn for you. You're awesome.

Renata said...

Yus, horn tooting is allowed. *toot* Awesomeness. "Our" (I'm not really in it, unless "put up with your drama friends spazzing out completely" is a position, bwaha.) drama dept. is cool. The Cherry Orchard was awesome, despite having gross spelling errors on all the flyers. "For closure"? *scoff*

Also, props for staying alive. :D

Anonymous said...

My school did The Crucible too! It is a really awesome show but it was REALLY long. I had the same exact schedule. Are you an actor or a backstage person/techie?

Unknown said...

Not that this reply is ridiculously late or anything... sorry, I didn't see this. And you probably won't see this either, but that's okay! Yay!

I'm a techie (Running before/during the show, Set Dec before the show, occasionally unofficially on random other crews that need help). I can't act for shizz, sadly. ;) That's so awesome! I feel like a lot of people were doing The Crucible this year, probs because it is, indeed, awesome. Are you also involved with drama?

Anonymous said...

I'm a techie too!
YEAH, go techies! :D