Sunday, November 29, 2009

Naiveness and Waves

I got an invitation to Google Wave. Hooray. I'm not sure why I'm so excited for it as I'm not entirely sure what it Google Wave is, but it's from Google and I am thus excited.

Unfortunately there is a complication and I am feeling the need to bang my head against a wall many times. It all started because of my email addiction.

I have two email addresses that I use actively (and a couple more that I don't use) but I am still unsatisfied so I sought to open a Gmail account to see if it would be the perfect server for me.

I wanted the address tweak3@gmail.com but it was taken. I originally choose the word tweak for my Twitter account because I wanted something short and it has a very faint Harry Potter relation*. Plus I just like the word. K's are fun. But I couldn't use tweak3 because it was taken. Still hoping to use some vestage of the word, I turned to tweaking.

I'm not sure if you will immediately realize the negative connotation this word has. If you could tell me in comments whether you did connect it to hallucinating due to drugs. I didn't.
Being a home schooler can be frustrating. One example of such frustrations is that I am woefully ignorant of slang for drug use. My sister enlightened me. Apparently tweaked means to be halucinating, especially under influence of crystal meth or similar narcotics.

This didn't bother me at first, but it does now. I closed my Gmail account hoping I could sign up for a different username later but it wouldn't let me. That was sad. Now I'm stuck with tweaking3 for my Google Wave address.

*sigh*

If you could convince me it's no big deal, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'm going to be forced to continually berate myself for being naive. Or maybe I could just invite myself to Wave and open a new Google account... that seems a bit extreme and silly. Maybe the Google support people will take pity on me.

*It's one of the words Dumbledore says in one of his opening speeches at Hogwarts.

No comments: