Saturday, January 2, 2010

2 resolvz ur nawt 2 resolvz...

On the one hand, I feel like I should continue this week's theme of blogging about the previous year and post my resolutions for the coming year.

On the left hand, I feel that it's sufficiently past New Year's and also that I have tweeted my only slightly nonsensical list of resolutions. What to DO, what to DOOOO....

I know, Google! (which has lead me to THIS prompt site.) Unfortunately, most of them do not apply to me "Describe your favorite vacation from your married years" "What's in your car trunk?" "Funny things your kids did when they were young" Oh, here's one!

"High school reminds you of..."

This could be turned into one loooong metaphor using a road, a jigsaw puzzle, a crystal ball, who knows? I'm choosing Tetris. Yes, Tetris. Think about it. We're all Tetris pieces, and some pieces form clumps that are beneficial to actually winning the game, and they just stay in their own little corner; and sometimes a bunch of those S-shaped pieces plie up on top of each other and screw the entire thing. Some special people are the magical straight piece, slipping in where the other pieces have created the perfect hole for it, doing no work but getting all the credit.

In real life, I believe these people would be classified as lucky bastards.

Okay, metaphoric thing over.

Rereading that, that last paragraph seems incredibly bitter. Rest assured I'm not, really, this is just an attempt at being witty.

Oh! Thing I learned today: It is possible to LOL-cat EVERYTHING. A quote from the Lolcat bible:

"An Ceiling Cat gotted all teh waterz in ur base, An Ceiling Cat hadz dry placez cuz kittehs DO NOT WANT get wet. An Ceiling Cat called no waterz urth and waters oshun. Iz good. An Ceiling Cat sayed, DO WANT grass! so tehr wuz seedz An stufs, An fruitzors An vegbatels. An a Corm. It happen. An Ceiling Cat sawed that weedz ish good, so, letz there be weedz. An so teh threeth day jazzhands."

Srsly. LULZ.

2 comments:

Vita said...

Teh Ceiling Cat say ALL dat buk n lolcats, teh udda ppl like LOTS. Ceiling Cat iz gud buh teh babee kitteh r bettah?? Iz lyk TOOOOOO Ceiling Catz buh wun deh sun lol.

Okay, so I can't really write in lolcats... but that IS an amazing Bible. ALL HAIL THE CEILING CAT!

Renata said...

LETZ THERE B TEH JAZZHANDS! LYK AMEN.