Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wordle Experiment!

So Wordle is this thing where words are sorted artistically (by a computer, wherein the only fancy manipulation required from me is the arrangement and color and font, so it looks somewhat good...) depending on their frequency. (removing words like "the" and "and" and so on) Blog feeds (such as this one) can be turned into Wordles, as well as novels, ransom notes, any documents that are stored digitally. I encourage you to do this, it makes you think about words that are overused and/or central to said document, comprising the "themes" of what has been Wordled. I've made one out of this blog. Now, to get it to show up here:


Wordle: Raving Persuasions

Bleh. Tis all smallish and blurry. This shall be fixed.
HERE it is in all its full-sized glory. If you look closely, you will see my name. And if you look directly to the right of that... I find that funny, almost like Wordle is accusing me of something... hehehe. >:)

I know what you're talking about, Vita. (It seems like a conspiracy though-- something the government could very well be working on. INTERNAL BIG BROTHER! :O) Not in a malicious weird way, just like, what do people notice? What are things that they see that impact them in a way that others would just overlook?

Which, in an odd and unrelated transition to school once again, is one of the reasons why I'm taking Sociology next year. (and yet they have up sign up for these things NOW.) That, and the fact that there is no final. And the assignments consist of watching The Simpsons and analyzing the human behavior or something. Interesting and easy, hoorah!

(MJ's "Actual John Green" video has sent me into pursuit of a puff wig, it's that awesome. She'd make a good third vlogbrother, especially if she had to do a PUNISHMENT.... moohaha.)

2 comments:

Alex said...

I have found a new obsession.

Sadly, I already knew that I use the word just too much in my novel. Now I just need to know what to do about it.

Vita said...

Ooh I laughed for about five minutes upon seeing what was next to your name. Yeah, they're either accusing you of somethin-somethin or trying to encourage it. Either way it seems a little rude. :(