Monday, January 11, 2010

The Pros and Cons of Being Alive

Forsooth and lack a day, methinks this week has a foul stench about.

Sorry for not blogging on Friday. My only excuse is that I really didn't want to. Last week was sort of hellish and by the time I got to Friday I didn't feel like putting any effort into anything at all.

But I am back!

Reasons this week was good:
a) Despite the full-blown, universal frustration oozing from everyone's brain cells last week, I realized once again that I love Drama.
b) I am super excited for our spring musical, which is Thoroughly Modern Millie! Anything that once involved Julie Andrews has a special place in my heart! ;)
c) I woke up today feeling REALLY AWAKE and REALLY MOTIVATED.
d) I have NO REHEARSAL this week, which means that I have ~6 hours PER DAY to study and finish crap today through Thursday.
e) Alex decided that she was going to read To Kill a Mockingbird first. And TKAM just HAPPENS to be my FAVORITE BOOK EVER.
f) I listened to an absolutely ridiculous amount of Wrock (Ministry of Magic, bitchezzzz) and Disney soundtracks this weekend, which made my heart happy.
g) I have an opportunity to solidify my B's in Math & Chem tomorrow!

Reasons this week was bad:
a) One Acts ACTUALLY couldn't have been more inconveniently scheduled if they TRIED. FUCK YOU ONE ACTS
b) ...There isn't anything particularly bad about this.
c) This feeling slowly diminished over the course of the school day. I'm still a little bit motivated, but not as much as I need to be.
d) ... I won't be going to bed until after midnight tonight.
e) I have very-nearly-literally NO TIME, so I won't be able to reread it until... like... February. fuuuuuuuuuu
f) The reason I had to listen to this much music was because it was the only thing stopping me from going INSANE.
g) Provided I don't fail (aka get a C or worse) both of my unit tests!
h) My homework grade in math went from 100% to NINETY NINE POINT FIVE or something similar. :( It probably went down half a percentage point again today. Sad times. (The reason I am sad is because homework is the only thing I ever get 100% on in math because I am dumb.)
i) I AM REALLY TIRED.

Fun story: after midterms (which, assuming I don't get sick on an exam day, finish next Thursday), I'm probably going to celebrate going out to lunch after school and... far more excitingly... by reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. HOO HA NERDFIGHTERS!

No comments: