Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lists Are Good

This blog shall henceforth be solely comprised of lists! Non-list segments shall be composed in somewhat Shakespearian English also proceeded by exclamation points!

Top 5 Things I'm About To Make Top 5 A List Of
1. Things that make me smile on this rather dull day
2. To DO
3. People who have entered my Subconscious
4. Animals with Awesome Names
5. Oxymorons

1. a.) The Internet, as always.And when was the last time THIS was properly bowed down to, in all its glorious simplicity? :D
b.) It has stopped snowing! VICTORY! (that makes it sound like *I* have controlled the weather, but I'm just sick of the snow.)
c.) French. Silk. Pie. Hell yes.
d.) I found 10 dollars in the snow! However, I tend to feel almost guilty when random lucky things happen to me, so I put it in the Haiti Relief Box in my Spanish class, which...
e.) Made me feel like a charitable good person, even though it was just an awkward/lucky situation.

2. a.) Math Project! BAH.
b.) An Essay on The 21 Balloons*
c.) Eating more of item 1.c.
d.) Some inevitable procrastination.
e.) Closet-cleaning BALLS OF FUN!

My dreams have doth become most vivid as of late, and frankly it's beginning to perplex me. Hence:

3. a.) Justin Bieber, for no apparent reason. Ahhhh dear Morgan Freeman I must wash my brain.
b.) Maureen Johnson. These are quite awesome, and usually involve Twitter.
c.) Morgan Freeman/
d.) God-- honestly I don't know, I woke up with a sense of not-really-deja-vu-but-more-like-what-the-hell-just-happened, but I remembered Morgan Freeman's voice. It creeps me out a little if I overthink it, like they're meant to be religious visions**, but I blame NyQuil. Ahhh, over-the-counter hallucinogens. (These all were in quick succession, like fever dreams or something; but I only had a cold.)
e.) YOU. Yes, you-- Alex and Vita. Nerdfighter gathering at what I think was a bowling alley...

4. a.) Platypus. Always will be.
b.) A group of magpies is called a murder. :)
c.) Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
d.) Meerkat
e.) Cebu

5. a.) Almost
b.) Jumbo Shrimp
c.) Buttface
d.) Sweet sorrow
e.) Monopoly

Footnotes!
*Newbery Award winner, 1948. Think Up, but with more volcanos. :)
**Which would indeed be awesome. Like The Prophet of Yonwood, or the people who find the cross in moldy potatoes:





Lucky break = YOU ARE GOD. (or at least an eBay phenomenon.)

4 comments:

Alex said...

I love lists. Lists are one of those things that will never get old. I could make them all day. In fact, I think you have started a trend as I will post some of my own lists on thursday. Why do I love lists so much?

Vita said...

I like lists too! Also, ANY DREAM WITH MORGAN FREEMAN IS A GOOD ONE.

Crosses in potatoes? That's almost as good as the time I saw the Virgin Mary in my toast. Or not.

Renata said...

Well, since the Virgin Mary is actually shaped like a person, and thus required to be more detailed than a lowercase t, I'd say that's more impressive.

Vita said...

Yes, except I never actually saw the Virgin Mary in my toast. :( It makes me wonder what they're planning on doing with those potatoes - eat them? Frame them? Ew, all I can think of is the rot...