Friday, January 22, 2010

In which my Lack of a Topic is Evident

I've been wearing glasses all day and my head is starting to hurt. Ow. I'd forgotten how heavy glasses seem after a few hours.

Speaking of vision (segway segway!), do you ever wonder if the world looks different to everyone else? It would explain why some people think certain color combinations look good while others think they clash terribly. I suppose it's a matter of taste, but perhaps we have those opinions because we're not seeing the same thing. I don't suppose there's any real way to find out unless some smart person comes up with a way to get inside other people's heads and look through their eyes. That would be a little disturbing, though. It reminds me of Big Brother and wiretapping. All we need is for someone to shout "conspiracy!"

In an exciting turn of events, I downloaded an episode of Mugglecast today (the podcast of Mugglenet.com, or so they say). I feel very slightly guilty about this, having been a devoted Pottercast fan for a whole SEVEN MONTHS. I arrived at that party a little late! But it's cool, I'm caught up on what's available and if they ever randomly* upload all the old episodes like John keeps saying they might.
Anyhoo. Mugglecast, dunno if it's any good - either way I'm a Pottercast fan before all else. <3

PS, WHO ELSE IS IN FAVOR OF KEEPING MJ AS THE THIRD VLOGBROTHER? I love John and I look forward to his return, but Maureen Johnson is so damn funny. Special guest, perhaps?

Rena, I may be asking this a bit later than would be appropriate, but how do you pronounce your name? I've always said it "wren-ah" in my head but I suppose it could also be "ree-nah" or, if you're particularly adventurous, "ray-nah." I have a long history of getting on the unpopular boat when it comes to pronouncing things. I pronounce BEDA as "bed-ah," not "bee-dah" and I say "nah-no-rye-mo" instead of "nah-no-ree-mo," so I'm not entirely sure of myself.

*I'm not misusing the word "random" here; there's no set date or time or anything. It may just happen at any random moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can tell it's exciting by the number of exclamation marks.)

2 comments:

Renata said...

My nonanagramyinternet name is pronounced wren-ah-tah, so if you just chop off the "tah" part, you are indeed CORRECT. I also used "RYE-mo", and "bed-ah", so there's at least two of us with pronounciation issues...

Alex said...

I say Ree-na. Oops. I say Rye-Mo. Oh, but I say Bee-da...

And yes, I love mj. I want to keep her.