Friday, March 5, 2010

That Was Interesting...

Hello!

I got home quite recently and have to leave again in about five minutes and therefore don't have time to write a real blog, but here is an article about what happened at my school today:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=98082&catid=158

It was simultaneously really frightening and boring. It didn't help that my friend and sat there, in Yearbook, theorizing about the many possibilities of gun assault and if anyone had been shot.

Nobody was. There possibly wasn't even a gun. We were living in fear/boredom for an hour and a half. This would be more interesting if I had more time, but I don't; alas. Moral of the story: don't bring guns to school.

My favorite rumour was that there were three students arrested, two of whom were carrying guns, one of whom was carrying an axe, and all of whom were involved in the raging cocaine/drug war (spoiler: there isn't a raging cocaine/drug war at RM).

It sounded plausible at the time...

1 comment:

Renata said...

Something like this happened to me in the second grade. Some guy in the next town over had robbed a bank and was running around with a gun or some such in his escape. So we spent 40 minutes huddled in a corner with the lights off. Similarly frightening.

(Because apparently after you rob a bank, the next logical move is to terrorize an elementary school.)