Friday, May 15, 2009

conversations with a friend who's not there.

"Hey."
"-"
"Hey! You there!"
"Wait what? Oh, me? Oh, sorry."
"It's okay. I know this is kind of weird because I don't actually know you and everything, but I was wondering -"
"OW. Jesus!"
"Oh God! Sorry. That looks . . . painful. You okay?"
"Ughhh - yeah, yeah I'm fine. My life sucks, but you know, I'm fine."
"Yeah, textbooks will seriously kill you. I think the teachers here are all part of a conspiracy theory."
"What, like death by textbook? A massive plan to murder every student at school, one by one, by dropping textbooks on our feet and breaking our little toes?"
"Okay so maybe it sounded better in my head. But it could work, right? If we're all, like, driven to insanity by the lack of little toe usage? That probably limits your movement, right? And so we all start killing each other because we're all so pissed off? And it's like, the teachers technically didn't kill us, but they really kind of did? Because they started the textbook droppage?"
"Oh definitely. Dude, I hate to tell you this, but my toe, man! It just hurts so bad that I wanna kill you!"
"Shit! I'm too young to die!"
"Well, you know. The good die young and all."
"But what if I'm not the good guy? What if I'm the bad guy?"
"Wow, did you just quote Twilight?"
"Maybe."
"If I was typing this, I'd totally be typing asterisk-awkward-asterisk right now. Not to be too nerdy on you, or anything, but like. Just so you know."
"Awkward? But why? Twilight is so, so how you say, so beautiful of writing, it make me, you say, it make me cry the tears of the happy."
"Holy crap, your Italian accent is just so real! But yeah, no. I actually hate Twilight a lot. Sorry. But I just . . . aghhh it annoys me."
"Oh my god, I hate it too! People are so f--king obsessed with it.
"I KNOW! If you're going to obsess over something, can it at least be something good? I dunno, like Harry Potter?"
"Seriously. Except I don't really like Harry Potter. It's kind of overrated."
"HOLY CRAP YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT. I LOVE HARRY POTTER."
"Well, no, I like it, just not that much. It's cute, but it's not that good."
"YES IT IS IT'S AMAZING SHUT UP SHUT UP."
"I would definitely be typing asterisk-awkward-asterisk right now too. If I had a computer and stuff. I don't have a computer with me. But if I did. I would be with you on the obnoxious thought bubble thing."
"Oh, man, I'm so bad with the thought bubbles. I use them, like, obsessively. They're so freaking addicting. Or Twitter? If my phone had internet connection I would be writing awkward-is-overused-so-much."
"-"
"Did - did you just make an awkward butterfly? THAT IS SO COOL!"
"It's like the awkward turtle, but improved. And ironic. Because I'm all about irony."

Does it matter that we never know the initial intent of conversations? Does it matter that we never find out the context of the conversation? Does anything matter but what is said, by what is not said?

Rena asks: What do you do when you're sick? (not, like, deathly sick, but just sick enough to get out of going to school.)

I am never sick. I am indestructible. I am freaking Wonder Woman.
Hypothetically speaking, if I were to become sick, I would probably sleep for a good part of the day, laze about watching old movies, reading shallow books, or waste my time on the internet. And then I would go back to sleep.
None of this actually ever happens, though. My life is very exciting, on a constant basis. Because I am Wonder Woman.

Alex asks: What are the best and worst thing to put on pizza (that people actually do put on pizza) and what is the best dessert after a pizza?

Cheese. I am in it for the cheese.
Not extra cheese. None of this pepperoni business. Just cheese.
Occasionally I can stand pineapple chunks on the pizza. Other than that, the toppings on the pizza are not good. Classic pizza (I prefer "classic" to "plain;" I think it has a certain flair) is the best.
The worst thing you can put on a pizza is definitely blood. It happens. Oh, it happens. People must cut themselves with the roller-knife they use to slice pizza one time or another. And while you would hope that the pizza chefs would dispose of such a pizza, not every place is high quality, and certain things such as basic hygiene tend to fall by the wayside. So, next time you eat a pizza, if it seems to have a little extra "sauce" on it . . . think about what you may (or may not) be eating.

I understand that my question may seem weak. Unoriginal, if you will. And that may be the case, but I feel that music says a lot about a person (or I'm just curious. Whichever). So, I must ask you a very generic question(s), and I hope that I will never do it agan, but: What is your favorite song? Least favorite song? Strangest song you know? Also, do you like Imogen Heap? What about Weird Al?

No comments: