Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Pathetic Day (and Leprechauns!)

Those of you with supreme brain smartz may realize that I am blogging at around 1:20 pm on a Tuesday. I SHOULD be filling my brain with more smartz and knowledge and stuff. But no.

I HAVE SWINE FLU! *gaspz*

No, don't panic. I really hate all these people who are out of their minds with paranoia over this, so I make fun of them at every possible opportunity. (which is oh so nice and mature...) I have A COLD, which, although severe enough to keep me from the absolute joys of the school system, is not swine flu!

Before I begin to sound rantish, (I am probably sounding rantish now already, but I digress...) let's get on to my actual blog topic of today. Topic: My Day!

Fascinating.

Mostly I've either been sleeping, or on the Internet. (because let's face it, morning TV sucks. I refuse to become an Oprah-zombie.) Thus, I will blog about the Internet!

On msn.com, one of today's "top stories" was that Kate Gosselin (of the television superdrama Jon & Kate Plus 8) was allegedly cheating on her husband Jon with her bodyguard. *more gaspz* I feel really awful for their eight kids. They're spending their lives in front of America. And we all know how gawdawful the eye of the media can be on the little minds. On a previous sick day, I watched their TV show once. As much as the parents claim the show isn't harming the kids' lives, I can't help but think it has. All they ever seem to do is go on vacation. It's like, they know they have to keep up the ratings, so they can't ever do anything plain or boring. And they can't ever go anywhere alone. To stress the complete togetherness of their biiiiggg, HA-PPY FAMILY! Seriously? It's scary. No wonder the parents fight during the interviews and the kids are constantly being brats. Families get on each others' nerves, it's normal. But the fact that Kate chooses to deny this like a 1950s style housewife is disturbing. She has some degree of OCD. Lady, two dogs and eight kids and true cleanliness will NEVER be acheived. Deal with it, and go let your kids be 5 years old!

*Now is the point where I would whine "Who cares about these people?" but I have realized that by ranting about them, I have acknowledged that I in fact CARE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. It's sad, it's wrong, but at least I'm being self aware.*

Now in de-rant mode, on to Vita's question!

I really wish leprechauns were real. Yes, I'm choosing the temperamental, slightly insane, filthy rich leprechauns of folklore and not the dude on the Lucky Charms box. To me leprechauns seem more like they COULD exist somewhere, as opposed to say, unicorns, which could only be created using a substantial amount of genetic engineering, and even then they probably wouldn't look like the shiny white horsies with the shiny magical horns like we've all seen in books, but more like a horse with a horn. Wow, in the time it took me to type that incredibly run-on sentence, I forgot my reasoning completely. Whatever. Leprechauns are cool.

Forgive this run-on-rantastic blog, for I am ill and sickly. *ahem ahem* Oh, the light. I must... follow... the light...

And finally, my ever-inspiring (read: lack of brain cells) question!

What do you do when you're sick? (not, like, deathly sick, but just sick enough to get out of going to school.)

5 comments:

Alex said...

Leprechans... huh, interesting word.

I've never heard of these Kate and Jon people, but they sound quite intriguing. A family of 10 that puts their life on television as a reality show? I'm sorry but isn't it a bit conceited to think that anyone actually cares? I know you seem to care, but why would you want to put your life out there in the first place? THAT is what I don't understand.

Renata said...

I DON'T care, but I stopped everyone else from calling me a hypocrite by calling myself a hypocrite first!

SMARTZ.

Vita said...

SO SMARTZ, YES. :D
Blegh, I agree about John+Kate. I've never actually seen the show, but ... you're right, it seems kind of unfair to the kids. You said there's a 5 year old? I'm sorry, but that's insane. A freaking 5 year old shouldn't have this much attention on them. Neither should anyone, REALLY, but it's the adult's choice - regarding THEMSELVES. When you drag your kids into it, I really think that's crossing the line. :/

Vita said...

Also, leprochauns are insanely cool.
How would we know that they're NOT really, actually? They're supposed to be good at hiding ... o_O

Renata said...

SIX 5-year-olds, Vita! It's insane. Even the 2 older ones are 9-years-old! If the parents want to ruin their own lives, fine. But the kids still have a chance at being sane!