Friday, May 29, 2009

questions, questions

crazythoughts.com: Do Jewish vampires avoid crosses or Stars of David?
I never thought of vampires as being particularly religious, so I don't know how a Jewish - or Christian or Muslim - vampire would come about. I don't know which a vampire would avoid, but I would think that it'd be more logical to defend yourself with a cross; you look far more threatening when you're waving a long pointy sticky that when you're waving around a star (no offense intended to the Jewish religion, of course).

crazythoughts.com: Why do people never say "it's only a game" when they're winning?
BECAUSE WINNING IS EVERYTHING. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME. VICTORY IS THE ONLY ANSWER. *

crazythoughts.com: If the FBI breaks down your door, do they have to pay for it?
I'm pretty sure they don't. I mean, I read an article in The Washington Post magazine about police officers-slash-FBI people who broke into an innocent guy's house and shot his dogs, and they never reimbursed him for anything - even though it was completely illogical for him to have committed the crime, and there wasn't really any evidence that a crime had taken place at all. (It had to do with drug dealers leaving boxes containing drugs on unsuspecting people's doorsteps, with the intent that other dealers would pick up the boxes and no one would be the wiser; the innocent guy took in the package, without knowing what it was, before the drug dealers could take it and the police-type-people, who had been staking out his house, basically attacked his house.)

Rena: Why is there a light in the fridge, but not in the freezer?
I agree with Alex - my fridge and freezer both have little lights.
Actually, I spent many, many minutes of my life trying to close the fridge door just enough to see if the light goes out when you shut the door. It does. Not surprising, really, but I was an inquisitive child.

Alex: What do you prefer in regards to gum, mints, Mentos, etc.? What is your favourite flavour? Did you know that chewing gum makes you hungry?

I suppose that mints generally taste better, but gum lasts longer, and I only sporadically have mints on hand. I've always been a fan of mint gum - spearmint, etc. Bubblegum tends to lose its flavor too quickly, I think.
You know, I always had a vague suspicion that chewing gum does make you hungry - because I always eat it when I'm hungry but don't have access to food - and it really doesn't help. I probably should have realized this earlier. But I didn't know that for a solid fact. I guess it has something to do with the fact that your mouth is reacting to the gum like it's food, except you never actually swallow or gain anything (other than possibly sugar) from chewing gum?
Perhaps gum was invented by a food company in the hopes that chewing gum would make you hungry and buy more expensive food products, thus giving the company more money. o_O

What do you think of the whole "green" movement? Is it reasonable? Do you think the government and other independent environmental groups are asking us to do too much or too little? Are people responding to the call for more environmentally-friendly actions?

* or not

1 comment:

Renata said...

Am I the only person in the universe who doesn't have a light in their freezer? Although, that freezer is probably from like 1964... can the little lightbulb be replaced? I want a freezer light! *pout*