Sunday, May 17, 2009

Unspoken Leprechaun Truths

It's not Sunday, and I have to write this in advance because I am going camping today and not coming back until Monday because it's a long weekend here. I'm not overly excited about this camp, which involves tedious, time/money/energy consuming travel. I'm going anyway, though.

Regardless, here I am. I don't have anything to write about, and I'm starting to wonder how I survived BEDA because I feel like I used up my idea tree yesterday. I guess I'll just tell you something I discovered last night about leprechauns, because for this camping trip I am taking a book about a girl who goes to Ireland.

This started with me being a little hyper (funny how that word resembles the word leper--not by much but it would be easy to typo it. Well, maybe not if you are a good typer, because the letters are quite far apart of the keyboard, but I would do something like that easily. leper.) and getting up in my sisters faces and saying, "I'm a leprechaun!"
Eventually I come to the conclusion that I am about to share with you. That conclusion is that there are leprechauns, which are as tall as normal people, and then there are mini leprechauns, which are about the size as we normally imagine leprechauns. Don't forget the mini, though, because it is vital. You see, mini leprechauns are little trouble makers. They like to sneak up on the normal leprechauns (oxymoron?) and steal their gold, trip them, bop them on the head with a stick (because they can't reach that high with they hands) and tie their shoelaces together. The big leprechauns are peaceful, loving creatures, who have rainbows stored up the yin-yang, but the mini leprechauns just like pulling a fast on over on their bigger counterparts, because they are secretly jealous of their height. Mini leprechauns think that height amounts to importance, so they have taken up the task of mischief maker, simply because they think it's all they can do of consequence. It's quite sad actually.

And that is the unspoken truth of the leprechauns.

This has been so short, but what can you do? What I'm going to do is go sleep in a tent in the wilderness, even though spring has been deceived us this year, and it is actually not as warm as it would normally be at this time of year in another year. Most of that last sentence were redundant, but that's life. Call it chicken salad.

2 comments:

Vita said...

Egad.
What I want to know is if the big leprauchauns still wear those adorable green suits and hats.

It's so sad but true about the "idea tree." Maybe people just work better under pressure.

Renata said...

Hmmmm... ideas grow on trees? Weird, anytime I think of the things contained in my brain I think of a washing machine... I'm odd, I now. Yes, as long as the large sized leprechauns are dressed as cutely as the mini ones, they are good leprechauns! :)