Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mind Games!

Well, on a lighter note from my last blog, (and most blogs this week) my birthday is tomorrow! Yayz!

One thing that is very different from birthdays past is that I have NO FREAKING IDEA what is going on. I have been told that my friends and family will handle everything. And I am just painfully oblivious to not notice. Either that or they all are realllllyyy good sekrit keeper people. I have hardly been in my house all day. I've been dragged around almost a little too suspiciously, in a way that makes me think they only want me to think that they were planning some major cheesy movie style surprise party, where at the end of the day, just when I think everyone has forgotten my birthday, I am led back to my house to find the lights off, and when they are turned on everyone I know jumps out and yells "SURPRISE!!!!!!" XDDDD

But, I KNOW my friends. They probably did this just so I would get completely suspicious and paranoid. It's some kind of reverse psychology mind game. They are the only twisted weirdos who could think this up. This is why we get along.

Well, I'll find out tomorrow, and tell you about it on Tuesday.

On to the questions!

House elf name: Any one syllable word type thing ending in y. (to continue the pattern of Dobby and Winky. The trick, though, is not to sound like a Teletubby.) Not that specific, I know. But my previous examples were very cavemanish. There's also a House Elf name generator, have you tried that? You have to enter your name.

Alexandra = Abra (like Abracadabra?)
Alex = Calla (clearly the generator and I have different views on what makes a House Elf name...)

Mine (feel free to use)

Renata = Wanda (bleh... cliche)
Rena = Velda (better)

Vita's (I didn't want to leave you out! :) )

Vita = Mitzi
Vita Starr = Ivy

Like any of those?

Vita's question:

Names like that are so... fake. Do the parents of these kids think a name will give them individuality and creativity and uniqueness and whatever else they want? You can't judge a person by their name (though sadly we do). And do they think about what these kids will have to go through once they have professional lives? How'd you like to sign things:

Sincerely,
Mrs. Kyortnee Smithee, CEO

Things like that will really screw up your chances in life, considering how everyone says not to judge based on name and other stupid things like that, but they do, anyway.

My question:

Do you think video games like Guitar Hero and WiiFit should be used in schools to teach kids how to play instruments and/or promote fitness? Do you think video games are even capable of teaching these things?

2 comments:

Vita said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! *party party* Haha, at least they caaaare about you enough to throw you a party/make you feel unnecessarily suspicious. That's how you know how good a friend is: how uncomfortable they make you feel. ;)

No, no, I think your house-elf strategy is more accurate. Is there a house-elf in Harry Potter called Calla? NO. There may be a fairy somewhere called Calla, but not a house elf (I think).

Alex said...

House elf name GENERATOR? Are you kidding me? I have to go put that in the Google box...