Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's 11:28pm *snores*

I always find the need to make my first sentence epic and yet it always turns out to be something lame like:
Another week has passed and I nearly forgot to blog today--BUT THEN I DIDN'T!
This is not what I strive for. *shakes head*

It's official; Christmas is over. I know this because I went to see a movie today (Meryl Streep is excellent, as always) and then when I left I walked by Starbucks and saw that they had taken down all the Christmas decals. All that was left was an outline in the steaminess of the ornaments and advertisements. I wonder if they've gotten rid of all the Christmas cups yet and gone back to plain old white. All the build-up and it's over in a minute. Is this really what kids what all year for? What is Christmas anyway? When you open presents from
under the tree? When you eat turkey and spend time with your family? When you watch Star Wars/Trek marathons on TV?

I think New Year's Eve is on Thursday so perhaps I should save the reminiscing until then but for me it's now time to start thinking about the end of 2009. Between Christmas and the new year is when stuff starts to change, or I start to change stuff. Today I walked into my room and was like, "No." So then I took down a bunch of my sister's calendar pictures and hung up an actual picture frame. I also took down my Harry Potter poster which is actually a page of an old calendar and cut the rough side off so it looks less like an old ri
pped out calendar page and more like a poster and I put it back up. I also went through my drawers and took out some summer clothes and put it away so I can actually close the drawer. It's a novel idea, but it works. Tomorrow I'm going to get real crazy and give away some random crap that I haven't looked at in ages.

My room is an interesting place. You'd think that people's rooms say something about them and I suppose mine does, but I think what's it's saying is that I have too much stuff. I mean, there's books lining every surface and that says something but I haven't read most of the books in here. They're mostly my sister's and stuff my mom's given me that I never read.
Then there's my Tinkerbell sheets which would make you think I'm an eight-year-old girl. Really though, I hate Tinkerbell. I've always thought she
was a selfish, irritating, controlling bitch.
I've replaced last year's Twilight calendar with the New Moon one that my sister got me for Christmas and that gives a strange impression also. That picture I posted on here a couple months ago of Jasper with his sexy face on is the picture for September to December, then on January the face of Edward will be beheld. That sentence didn't really work.
The part of my room that speaks the most about my is probably a bulletin board by the closet that I randomly put up after finding it forgotten somewhere in the house. It's kind of accumulated a bunch of seemingly useless crap but I'd say it's the focal point of the room. From my pizza essay to a photobooth picture strip of me and my sister to a bumper sticker from the library to my first aid certificate, it's got quite a lot contained (or not quite so contained) in it's area.

May this picture be worth a thousand words...


Q: What does your room say about you?

P.S. You must read this. It's an email I posted on my blog with a legal version of Twas the night before Christmas and though it's not Christmas anymore I still found it delightfully hilarious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A: My room says I'm a slob who reads a lot, likes the colors black and green, and enjoys looking at Taylor Lautner.

Renata said...

My room says I shove crap in my closet. And that's about it. It LOOKS neat, but it's deceptive. Maybe it says I'm a decpetive person. :D