Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snuggie CULTS! (it's Boxing Day, forgive me)

Happy Boxing Day, peeps.

Question, a Alex: Is Boxing Day a Canada-only type thing, or is it (like the majority of things) "Only non-American countries because we are the awesome nonconformists of the WORLD!!!" Is Boxing Day even as big a deal in Canadaland as we perceive it to be? From my (very limited, offhand) knowledge of it, one present unopened until today? Canadian ninjas recycle all the used boxes? Santa comes back, but JUST to Canada to give even MORE presents? Correct me/ignore my multiple, possibly ignorant questions. If presents are indeed given for Dia de los Boxando, I present to you a picture of Jensen Ackles (Perhaps .this one. Mmmmm.) along with the colored Sharpie of your choice, so that you may never be unprepared for future spontaneous casual sightings/stalking chronicles. May the adventures and plot bunnies continue.

About my life n all that jazz:

Christmas was quite good. I think I've mentioned before that most people who show up are something like my great-uncle's ex-wife, and her current husband. So I don't blame them for not giving extremely "personal" gifts. I believe they know me as "Little Debbie's* girl, the one who likes chocolate." I'm perfectly okay with that, it means I wind up with a lot of chocolate and gift cards.

However, I failed at Scarble. Not epically, but these are the people who TAUGHT me to play Scarble with the level of badassery I project. Like Yoda. Master badass. Oh, and because I said I would provide sample conversation, Death by Snuggie:

T: "You should have gotten [my grandma] a Snuggie. Old people like those sort of things. Hah."
R: "Do not diss the Snuggie. Your mockery of the Snuggie only hides that fact that you want one. It provides everything you need. Love, warmth, and happiness. You NEED the Snuggie!"
D: "I'd like one, if it was a gift. It's warm, and you can hold the remote or a book or a mug with your arms still being in a blanket. But I would NEVER go outside in one."
T: "NOOOO! Show your LOVE for the Snuggie! Convert people to Snuggie! EVERYONE needs a Snuggie!"
D: "People in those motorized wheelchairs shouldn't have Snuggies, though. What it one of the designed-for-the-morbidly-obese dangling sleeves could get caught in the wheels and their head could snap back and they'd DIIEEEE!!!"
R: "DEATH BY SNUGGIE!!! 'Lalala, I am warm and love my Snuggie. Oh no, it's stuck. AHHHH, wait! Reverse!' *strangling noises and hand gestures*"
T:"That's precisely their plan! Kill the nonbelievers!! The CULT OF SNUGGIE! Death to the elderly! *more ranting mockery of Snuggie-cultists. Trust me, this conversation was a LOT longer, but it got so manic I couldn't record it in my head*


*Everyone has an adjective or title. I have a dead great-uncle "Fat Tony". Yes, it's like *exactly* the mafia. A lot of things about my extended family are very stereotypically Italian. :D

2 comments:

Alex said...

I don't know where you get your information about Boxing Day. Perhaps if they are truths, my family just doesn't uphold them.

I opened all my presents yesterday... except for the ones I gave my sister's because I forgot them at my mom's.

Boxing Day here is basically just what Black Friday is to you Americans. Things go on sale, people shop, people eat turkey sandwiches. I did none of this but I did go to the very cold beach and eat gelato.

I wish Santa would come back. Thanks for the present. I think I'm over Jensen, somewhat. Tom Sturridge is the newest obsession though the stubble in this picture is quite formidable -- http://albusyharry.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tom_sturridge_0030.jpg --

My dad gave me a backpack which I LOVE and so I'm going to start using it to carry all necessary stalker items (camera, notepad, pen, binoculars, etc.) at all times.

Boxing Day will be finished with my watching a disjointed version of Harry Potter 6 where I skip the scenes I don't like (i.e. anything with Dumblydore). Merry Boxing Day to all!

Vita said...

I want a Mafia family! :O

I think it is the secret universal wish for all of mankind to have a Snuggie. Sure, you can say they're just overlarge sweaters... or mutated blankets... or backwards robes... but nothing quite gives off the same "I may look as though I am too dull to function but I am PROUD of it!" vibe as Snuggies do. Ohhh happy days.