Monday, July 6, 2009

It's been a bad few weeks for politics.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ALEX'S STORY, PLEASE LOOK ONE POST BELOW. THANK YOU.

Ooh, I feel slightly guilty knocking your story off of the top of the blog, Alex, but I have a duty to my people and sometimes internet violence is necessary.

That's life. Deal with it. Move on.

Speaking of violence, why don't we talk about train wrecks? They're bad. Speaking of bad things, why don't we talk about politicians? They're skeezy. Speaking of skeezy, why don't we talk about Sarah Palin? Okay, we will!

I would refrain from commenting on Alaska's favorite governor, but as I said on Facebook, you know it's bad when Sarah Palin's official, "serious" Twitter is more amusing than the parodies. (Consequentially, you know times are hard when you're reduced to quoting your own Facebook status.) Oh, I'm sorry, do you not know what I'm talking about? Why don't you click yourself right on over to this website: twitter.com/AKgovSarahPalin

Oh, lawd.

What hast thou done, Sarah? Why hast thou hurteth thyself? Why doth thou sound as bad when thou talketh normally as when I tryeth to talketh Shakespearian?

Really, I think this nearly speaks for herself. Of course I'm curious to know why she's decided to decry politicians and reporters to all of humanity (wow, nobody's done that before), what with her "this is a bloodsport, bitch, I'm OUT." A word of advice: if you want to be popular among Americans, don't insult half of America.

And I may be cruel for wishing this, but - I hope that she runs for Prez in 2012. If she wins, that's a different story, and I will officially announce my lack of faith in America and leave the country accordingly; but maybe if she continues her self-righteous tirade all the way to the primaries, the tiny part of America that still has faith in her will realize - or, even better, she will realize - that attempting to disguise her utterly disgusting rudeness, contempt, spite, and jealously as "ground-breaking politics" is by no means something we should wish for.

The fact that I disagree with her opinion on most issues aside, this is not a woman I would want to see in charge of anything other than, say, a hockey team. Believe me, I am eagerly awaiting the day that America sees a woman president, but to quote Amy Poehler as Hilary Clinton on SNL: "I didn't want a woman to be president, I wanted to be president, and I just so happen to be a women."

Yeah, Sarah. What about that?

3 comments:

Renata said...

You know it's bad when a person who was ALMOST Vice President is quitting on 1/50th of this country. What would she have done to the ENTIRE country?

Perish the thought! (hoorah for sounding British!)

Vita, if she runs and wins in 2012, let's both flee to Canada.

Alex said...

I don't know if Canada is really any better off than a Sarah-Palin-run America. We have Stephen Harper who is, let's just say not my favourite politician.

Maybe we can all go to Germany or Holland where green living and technology is the norm. Horray for bicycle commuting!!

Oh and don't worry about knocking me off. When I gave the link to the contest I posted one straight to the actual blog post, instead of to our main page, so I think they'll be able to find it.

Which reminds me that next time I post (which I hopefully will not be too busy to do on Thursday) I will be on your side of the continent. Yes, I am headed east, and I believe I will be in the same time zone as one of you. (Toronto and DC are the same, correct?)

Anyway I must drop off to bed. Until Thursday...

Renata said...

Hmmmm... I think Toronto is right over Michigan, which is Central time (like IL) not Eastern (DC).

Oh well. Either way you'll be in one of our other time zones!

Good point. To Europe it is!