Friday, July 10, 2009

The Sorting Hat(s)

This will be short, as I am supposed to be packing for the beach right now. That shouldn't take too long though, seeing as I'll only be gone for 2 days. So anyhoo...

I suppose this whole "Harry Potter" mania is to be expected every time a new book or movie comes out! Of course, I'm not above it all. I just got tickets to see the film on July 15, eek! I'm so excited. :)

But then I realized that, for all my obsession with the series, I never found out which house I would belong to! I tried to think it through on my own, but I think that I have qualities - whether that's good or bad - in all four houses. I guess most people do, though; it's just that some qualities are more dominant in certain people. Anyway, more importantly, the main two houses in "Harry Potter" are Gryffindor and Slytherin. There are obviously characters in other houses, but most of the important people are in either of those two houses. We get a little glance of the other two houses, but they're usually not quite important enough to the story for Harry to dwell on them too long. So I think it's understandable that we'd find it a bit difficult to sort ourselves, seeing as our favorite character has a decent chance of landing in either Gryffindor or Slytherin... (excluding Luna Lovegood, who I think that everyone can agree is made of Awesome, whether she's your favorite or not).

Anyways, I took two different tests, and they both gave me the same result: apparently, I would/should be in Hufflepuff!

I've just realized that the name reminds me of that little creature from Pokemon (the one that shoots water or something...). Oh dear. :P Haha, well, anyways. I guess that Hufflepuff makes sense for me... I like to think that I'm fairly intelligent, but I guess that I tend to let other things influence my judgement as well.

Judging by the series, my favorite two houses are - not surprisingly - Gryffindor and Slytherin. I love more or less at the Gryffindorians (or whatever they're called) but I doubt I would actually get sorted into Gryffindor. It's not that I don't value bravery and friendship - I do - but I guess I'm not quite as rash as they'd be? Maybe rash isn't the right word; Hermione tends to think things through, but do you know what I mean, that general sense of just acting (and often succeeding) in the moment rather than planning everything out beforehand.

And I'm a huge Snape fan, and I find that most real-life Slytherins are highly entertaining, but I don't think I'm quite cunning enough. I'm not one who would feel comfortable saving myself in place of everyone else. Not that they'd all do that, but... eh. It's hard to explain. Too psychological, I suppose.

So, yeah. I like to think of Hufflepuff as a nice solid mix of the other three houses, hehe. And a good number of them did stay behind to fight at Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... ;)

I think I'm spending far too much time on this, oops. :O Feel free to take the test(s) and report back if you like...

http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz-House.html

:)

5 comments:

Vita said...

PS, I'm too lazy to edit this, but SORRY I didn't answer the questions YET AGAIN; I promise I will Monday. But I will leave you two with a question...

What Hogwarts house are YOU in? Eh, yes, see, it even RELATES to my post because I am CLEVER. Slash lazy. Slash overly obsessed with Harry Potter.

But yes, that is your mission. Hop to it. ;)

Renata said...

I feel like a complete slimeball now.

I took the ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN question analysis first, which said I was a Sltherin. The shorter one said I was a Ravenclaw, but it was "Ravenclaw- 13/ Sltherin- 12" Which is pretty dang close to being a Sltherin yet again! I think they both sorted me that way because I'm really stubbon. It's awful, but I am. I tend to be sure of myself even if I am 1000% wrong, which I like to think isn't often... heheh...

Sltherin has a bad rap, though. Just because of Malfoy and Voldemort. We're sterotyped as conniving, evil, scheming people who don't care about friendships or anything besides money, power, inteligence and bloodline. But not EVERYONE is like that, I'm sure. The evil ones just make better characters. >:D

And like you said, Snape's cool.

Renata said...

Oh... I just realized I should/could have put that in my blog, but I'm not going to delete that now!

Alex said...

I can't believe you've never done a test before. I've done a ton.

I also can't believe I haven't blogged about this. I thought I'd blogged about it.

In any case I will hold out the suspense until Sunday.

Have fun.

Vita said...

DUDE, Slytherin is so not a bad house. I love Slytherin! I mean, sure, there are some evil people, but that's partly because the books are from Harry's point of view, and he is kind of biased.