Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pens, pencils and other pointy objects

Rena's question--have you ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?--(the answer being no, bt-dubya) made me come to terms with the fact that I have a phobia of pain and medical procedures. I'm sure there's a word for that but I'm not up to putting it in the Google box. I'm fat and lazy. Actually just lazy.

I've never liked doctors, especially dentists*, but I've never actually thought about it as much as I have recently. Everyone always seems enthralled by pain and injuries. We love shows like CSI, and we love sharing injury stories**.
I hate such things.

I don't like people recounting their various medical under goings and I once cried at the doctors before getting a needle. Of course, everyone has a fear of pain on some level, but I think I have a very low pain tolerance. I can't even stand the thought of it. Stitches really creep me out. I have to stop talking about injuries and such or I may break down.

Q: do you like back to school shopping?

A: YES! Technically, I don't go back to school, but I love shopping for school supplies. I've always thought this was something everyone loved, but maybe not. I just love heading into Staples and hunting through pencils and notebooks. I have an obsession with pens; I love them. I have lots, but I always tend to lose them faster than I use them. Hahahahaha.

I must leave you now, for I am a rebellious, yet somewhat misunderstood, youth and must go and wreak havoc on the ageist campground I am currently residing in. As of yet, no Cullens have been sighted, though I did visit the notorious Port Angeles today.

Phrase to adopt: "Call it chicken salad."

*I don't like that they poke around inside your mouth, which is a place that you yourself cannot see. It's creepy and uncomfortable. Especially when they try to make small talk. Helllloooo, you're digging around in my open wider than wide mouth, I CANNOT TALK TO YOU RIGHT NOW.

**One time I was riding my bike with my sisters and they started to speed up. I, being the young impressionable child that I was, had to go as fast as them and when the began to race down a hill, things went wrong. I flew over my handlebars and scraped my upper lip on the ground. I looked horribly rugged and tough in my soccer photo. My helmet saved my pretty little head.

1 comment:

Vita said...

Oh, my god, I hate dentists. Hatehatehate. I'm sure they're lovely people and all, but YEESH, I don't like people sticking their fingers in my mouth and then telling me the the tooth to the left of my upper front teeth is .0002 mm out of place. *I don't care.* D: